Chapter 1: Dream in a Nightmare

Chapter 1: Dream in a Nightmare

A Chapter by Speak in Silence

I feel his hands around my neck and intently the smell of chloroform fills my mouth and nose, I would know that smell anywhere, Before I can react  my eyes start to blur, heart rate starting to increase. Within seconds the world goes black.

I'm running, but can't go anywhere. He's coming closer, but I can't move. My feet are melted to the floor it seems. I can hear the dreadful clanging of shoes coming down the stairs. I look around for something to grab on to. Nothing. I start pulling at my shoes. My hands, they are black. What's wrong with my hands! From fear I pull up on my feet. I'm free. He is right behind me, yelling harsh words. I can't understand him. "Don't look back" I think. No. I have to see what I'm up against. I turn to see no one, just the shadows of darkness. My feet stop me. The darkness engulfs me, squeezing the air out of my body. I'm gasping for air.

I awake screaming. Feeling the sweat on my face and chest. I try to reach my arm up, only to find my hands bonded to the bed.


© 2012 Speak in Silence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AHHHHHHHH! Horrible, I felt so vulnerable, definatly a good start. A rather short chapter though.
Good work on your first person writing,Im trying it for a chracter at the moment and its doing my head in!

I'll read a bit more of the book in a bit.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

10 Years Ago

Aw thanks! I never actually finished it though. Lost intrest
Samuel Jack

10 Years Ago

lol ok, ill check out some of your more recent stuff.
Oh wow! What a freaky dream to have...and what a scary situation to wake up to! Makes me think it wasn't a dream...oh! And I liked the title of this chapter:) very clever!
God bless
~Mickey

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

No prob:)
A gripping introduction that enraptures the audience and lures them into the story. As with any beginning, its duty is to make the audience want to read the next instalment - and it does that admirably. The fear is palpable, the emotions are very much real - ... and I am going to click 'next chapter' now.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I hope you like the next 2 chapters, I haven't got around to making the 4th one yet but I.. read more
Solid piece except for how you described "clanging of shoes coming down the stairs". I think you mean clacking, like dress shoes sound against pavement? And thinking outside the box, I'm liking it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your nice compliment, yes I think I meant to write it like that.
Oh my goodness! I love the description, it played like a movie before my eyes as I read it. You're a very talented writer! I'm excited for the second chapter :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Speak in Silence

11 Years Ago

Thank you girl :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
5 Reviews
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2012


Author

Speak in Silence
Speak in Silence

NC



About
Hi! My name's Victoria and I'm a Tumblr addict. I love bands and my doggie Scoutypoo. I like going in vintage and antique markets and I like the smell of old books. I like how the sun shines through.. more..

Writing