Dark Purple Strands

Dark Purple Strands

A Chapter by Speak in Silence

Dear Olivia,
I read your story today..about Kelsey's suicide. Your words were sloppy and lacked of rhythm but somehow so much emotion within you was expressed. You never express that side of you. We're always joking about Satan and how people are such hypocrites these days, but I read it your story, and opened my eyes to how much you really do miss Kelsey. I didn't know her but you always talked about the stupid s**t you guys did together and some of it made us laugh out loud. It really hit me today that she is gone. Do you remember what you said to me the day after she committed suicide? You said "Kelsey, she's gone," and I said "What do you mean?" but you just kept saying the same thing over and over again, your voice getting higher and higher until you were screaming and you were close to tears. That was on a Friday. On Monday you didn't come to school. It turns out you'd attempted suicide and been in the hospital. But today was the first day I realized how much you really loved her. I read this emotion filled piece of writing saying all the things you would've said to Kelsey to prevent her from jumping. You ending up jumping with her..it broke my heart. I wish it had happened to me instead of you honestly. You don't deserve it, I do though. 

Your friend from a distance,
Victoria


© 2013 Speak in Silence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very strong and sad letter. I like the concern and hope for well being for Olivia. Some topics are hard to write about. Suicide is one of them. Thank you for sharing the excellent letter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013
Tags: suicide, friend, help, love, lesbian, bi-sexual, effects, medicene, pain, heartbreak


Author

Speak in Silence
Speak in Silence

NC



About
Hi! My name's Victoria and I'm a Tumblr addict. I love bands and my doggie Scoutypoo. I like going in vintage and antique markets and I like the smell of old books. I like how the sun shines through.. more..

Writing