Raisin Bagels

Raisin Bagels

A Story by Mochimae
"

A woman meets Joseph for a bagel intervention.

"
Cubicle 003
“What do you need from me?” she said.
Joseph wanted a bagel. Specifically one with cream cheese and raisins. His parents disapproved of his breakfast choices. ‘You must have something more wholesome for breakfast!’ Joseph paid no heed to their advice. After all, there is little harm in having a simple bagel for breakfast. He bought his bagel along with his coffee, expecting the day to go on as usual, but was sorely disappointed as he collapsed upon entering his cubicle at work.
Now there was this woman in front of him. Brown haired with her arms crossed, she would have looked attractive if she weren’t scowling.
Joseph lifts his head from the table and the ice pack slides off. It suddenly occurred to him that he wasn’t taken to the hospital after fainting in front of his co-workers. They mustn’t have cared. Save for this woman. Was she the one who him this ice pack?
“Sorry? I didn’t call for you. I spent this whole time unconscious. As you can see I woke up just now”.
“Well you were lying on the floor. I assumed this a method of yours of catching my attention. Shyness is one thing, but that stunt you pulled off there was over the top. If I didn’t know any better, I’d have have thought you were ill and taken you to the hospital”
“I was ill. If you see someone on the floor, don’t just assume they are fine”.
She uncrosses her arms, and takes seat. 
“The truth is I am part of the bagel police service, section 003, serving as captain. I have come to rehabilitate you, and hope to successfully liberate you from your raisin eating fetish”.

© 2016 Mochimae


Author's Note

Mochimae
Any advice is great. Please critique the monologue. Is it too boring/pointless?
Make notes on the dialogue too. Is the length fine, or too long?

Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on August 9, 2016
Last Updated on August 9, 2016
Tags: bagel, silly, raisins

Author

Mochimae
Mochimae

New York City, NY



About
Hello! I am a person who is currently doing a 1000 words a day challenge. Hopefully by the end of this challenge, my introduction will be better written. more..