Acceptance

Acceptance

A Poem by Ana B.

What do I do with the breaths I don’t need?

And why keep watching the dance of the raindrops?

And while my reflection is losing speed

The silent rain of vulnerability stops…

 

Is there a forward without looking back?

The sound of change a chilling chant…

Still waiting for the shadows to crack,

When will the sun unravel that strand…

 

That will set free the poison from my mind

Giving symmetry to my agitation;

But peace was always entwined

With the mind’s prevalent limitation.

 

So why look for gaps in eternity?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2020 Ana B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is some of the most interesting & fresh questioning I've read. Poets question all the time & when you get old like me, you've heard all the questions many times before. Your opening knocked my socks off, especially (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


Ana B.

2 Years Ago

Thank you for the amazing words Barleygirl :)
' Is there a forward without looking back? ' Those words are near hidden in shadows, Ana B.

To me, seems when one asks, there's doubt deep. deep inside, no hint of a decision but a desperate need for someone to say, ' Well now, this is how I feel, this is what I'd do.. ' Logic, intelligence - whatever, goes 'walk about' , it just needs a verbal show of caring, not a shrug, door slammed shut. The mind - yours, is floundering, panicky - no sin in that; wherever you are, whatever the space between, help should be, could be, can be - a life-saver... especially right now.

Still wondering about that wonderful graphic. A clue or two? Perhaps.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Ana B.

3 Years Ago

Hi Emma!! Thanks for the wonderful thoughts. Regarding the image - well, perhaps time is only in our.. read more
the narrator asks for many things, which to me means a seeking of security in the future. the moment right now is unstable.

i like the picture too. it's like a hippie found a book by Georgia O-Keeffe.

thank you for sharing this. you look for gaps in eternity because tiny moments are full of treasure and others and stuff we'll lose but always remember :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


Ana B.

4 Years Ago

I'm not even sure what I meant writing this, I seldom do )))
Thank you for stopping by, MG :)
this can go so many ways...the deterioration of the mind...dementia...
but also the isolation caused by the pandemic...the breaths not needed, watching the rain from inside...our limitations...and waiting for the sun to shine again.
it's a lonely world right now...but we are together alone.
beautiful write, Ana. Yes, we have to accept, right now, all of us.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Ana B.

4 Years Ago

Thank you for the beautiful words Jacob! Wishing you and everybody around good health)))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2020
Last Updated on April 8, 2020


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..