Talking to Thin Air

Talking to Thin Air

A Story by Morgan "Moe" Cope
"

This was a essay that i had to do and my teacher really loved it. So, since she thought it was good, i wanna know what you guys think.

"

            For years, I have always been told that everything happens for a reason. In every conversation I have ever had, the name God always seemed to be the main topic for at least half of those conversations. Everywhere I turned, there always churches, crosses, bibles and preachers that were always spreading around and talking about how we are all “God’s” children and that he loved everyone no matter what. Well, I never saw God’s reason for making me live my life the way it has been.

            For as long as I can remember, I have always noticed that I have always been…different. When other girls wanted Barbie dolls, I wanted skateboards. When my best friends wanted to go shopping at the mall, I wanted to stay at home and play video games. If I ever had to be in a situation where I would have to dress somewhat formal, I would just wear a button up shirt.

            So far, I have been bullied for ten in half years because of my differences. I would pray all through elementary school, hoping God would help me out, or show some sign that everything was going to be ok. I would pray almost four to five times a day just to keep some peace at mind. After five years of beatings and insults, I finally just gave up.

            I no longer pray, go to church, or even look at a bible or cross. I get bullied even worse now that I no longer have faith. Every now and then I would hear people mumble under their breath, “Satin Worshiper.” One day, I was in one of my classes and I was having a religious discussion with one of my close friends. There was a guy who was eavesdropping on our conversation and spat out across the room. “Wait! You’re not a Christian!?” I couldn’t lie and say that I was a Christian, so I just simply answered, “Not one bit.”

“You’re SATIN!!”

             I still remember how hot my cheeks felt, the anger that was built up inside of me, and the urge I had to just run out of the room and get as far away from everyone as possible. I balled up my fists and I blurted out without even thinking, “Well, it’s better to have kind atheists than to have hateful Christians like you!” After that, that kid never called me satin, sat near me, or even looked in my direction.

            What I find strange, is that even though I do not classify myself as a Christian, others say that I show actions of Christian teachings. When I would take as many hits from my bullies, I would just turn the other cheek. I accept everyone for who they are. I would give to others before I would give to myself.

            I remember a saying from the bible that was always stuck in my mind ever since my first day of Sunday school, “Love thy neighbor as thyself.” I never understood how the people around me could be real Christians when they couldn’t even follow one thing that the bible says. I have one teacher and possibly four to five friends who are what I consider to be “real Christians.” It’s kind of sad how out of the billions of Christians in the world, there are only five or six people I personally know that can be called “True Christians.”

            I always wondered why He was never there. Why did He never helped me in my time of need? Why did He never answer my prayers? I guess it had to take blood and tears to finally realize that I was just talking to thin air.

© 2012 Morgan "Moe" Cope


Author's Note

Morgan "Moe" Cope
ignore any grammer problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Moe,
Very heart-wrenching story. You bring us in to experience your hurt with you. It's definitely a help that you mention specific incidents.

One suggestion, if I may (I assume you are ok with this; forgive me if I'm wrong). In paragraph 1, I think it might be more clear if you start the second sentence with something like, "Out of all the conversations..." You currently start it with "In every conversation," but then end it with "for at least half of those conversations." It seems you are trying to say that God has been the main topic for at least half of the conversations, which seems to conflict with the opening sentence as currently written. Sorry if I misread that.

All in all, a story that will grab the attention of many, and (it is to be hoped) that will change hearts for the better.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very good .I hope you got a good grade on this .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Moe,
Very heart-wrenching story. You bring us in to experience your hurt with you. It's definitely a help that you mention specific incidents.

One suggestion, if I may (I assume you are ok with this; forgive me if I'm wrong). In paragraph 1, I think it might be more clear if you start the second sentence with something like, "Out of all the conversations..." You currently start it with "In every conversation," but then end it with "for at least half of those conversations." It seems you are trying to say that God has been the main topic for at least half of the conversations, which seems to conflict with the opening sentence as currently written. Sorry if I misread that.

All in all, a story that will grab the attention of many, and (it is to be hoped) that will change hearts for the better.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very touching and personal story. I love it. I felt the pain and the questioning that you Dk through the text. I myself I'm not a very strong Christian but nether do I entirely classify myself as one. I myself doing some research on evolution v religion, to find out for myself which side has more truth to it. Anyway, beautiful essay and hang in there, don't forget there are people like you out there that share same ideologies as you! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Morgan "Moe" Cope

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much and i'm glad you enjoyed it.
Raminta

11 Years Ago

Its kool its nice to have difference out there, otherwise this world would be just too homogeneous :.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012

Author

Morgan "Moe" Cope
Morgan "Moe" Cope

Cowpens, SC



About
I'm a Moe and i'm happy the way i am. I may not look the smartest, cutest or strongest but i still have a heart like anyone else. The only way i could ever express my feeling was through writing and.. more..

Writing