The Past

The Past

A Story by Amelia Mae M.
"

It is dramatic without meaning to be and can make someone cry.

"
I thought she could handle the truth about my past. Thinking this lead to opening my mouth, which I already should have known would not end well. Just the first few words I said didn't sound right. I should of stopped there and said to forget about it but I went on thinking I was doing the right thing, I know know that was a mistake. It got harder and harder to explain as the story became more and more intricate at a pace she could not understand until it came down to that I had a wife and daughter in my old country that were killed. She started to cry and I tried to comfort her but she became angry at me for not telling her this before we were married and had children of our own, and with another on the way I knew she couldn't leave me for not telling her. She became calm but I assume only because she didn't want our children to hear. There was a long moment of silence and then I apologized to try to make the atmosphere lighter. She looked up at me with teary eyes and smiled acknowledging my apology and she too apologized. A great pressure in the room was lifted and I comforted her in my arms and her tears became lighter and lighter until they stopped.

© 2016 Amelia Mae M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on May 8, 2016
Last Updated on May 12, 2016
Tags: #TragicPast, #Sad, #PastLife

Author

Amelia Mae M.
Amelia Mae M.

St.Augustine, FL



About
I work with my family and friends. I have two cats, a dog, some fish, a duck, and about nine chickens not including their chicks. I like to explore and I am definitely adventurous with food. Also the .. more..

Writing