Belonging

Belonging

A Story by Momentosis

The airy morning sun seeped its way into the small quiet room, arousing the man from his dreary sleep. He had had a long night, moping about his broken heart and the girl he loved. He just could not move on. “How could this had happen?” he had constantly questioned himself but to no avail. He believed everything to had been going so well. In the eyes of many, they were the perfect couple, a young, hard working, and beautiful woman and the dazzling gentleman that loved her. Different thoughts were racing through her mind though. Broken down from her heartbreaking ways, she questioned her will to love and form a true relationship. She had seen how the two of them would end. She knew he would be the one ending up hurt. It pained her to know she did not do anything about it sooner.

Lifting his groggy head from his arms, he could see he had fallen asleep at his desk. Strewn around him lie letters, letters from her, letters to her. Under his arms there lied one he had been writing before their break up. A gift he had bought for her sat at the corner of the desk. Moments, he sat there in silence. The chatter of animals in the early morning filled the room. A small breeze blew through the open window, rustling the letters on the desk and dumping some into the bin.

“Hello there, my child.” echoed a faint voice.

Startled, the man jumped out of his chair. “What was that?” he thought to himself. It was such a calm, soothing voice.

“Who is this?” he asked, quivering still in his shabby clothes from the day before.

“I am God.” answered the voice.

The man could not believe what he had just heard. Confounded by this, he sat down on his bed and buried his face in his hands. He was an atheist. He had never once been to church in his life despite his mother’s side of the family being devout Christians.

“But I’m an atheist.” he blurted out before thinking over what he was going to say.

“God still loves you.” Replied the voice.

Overwhelmed by a great feeling of opportunity, the man felt this would be a great chance to seek assistance in his love life, to win the heart of the woman he loved. “Would this be taking advantage of God though?” he thought to himself. He had never once believed in God and here he was, conversing with the almighty one himself.

In his rush, the man slurred out “God, could you help me in winning back the heart of the woman I love?”

“I’m sorry”, came the soft voice, “can you repeat that?”

The man started but hesitated. He took a big breather before asking again.

“Erhmm. I was wondering if you would be of assistance in my love life? To win back the heart of the woman I still love.”

The man sat there in silence, waiting for the voice of his savior, his saving grace, his way out of the hole he was in.

There was no reply to be found. The voice had left. The sun now hang high overhead, unable to warm the insides of the room with its comforting touch.

“God…?” asked the man but there was no response to be heard.

© 2009 Momentosis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A strange little tale. that a feel ended before it hit a meaning, a story without no moral or point.
Sweet tho well written but perhaps fhinshed just alittle to soon this seems like only a beginning to a tale

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 1, 2009
Last Updated on August 2, 2009