Valorian History: The Undoing of Torrin Druis, The Mad King

Valorian History: The Undoing of Torrin Druis, The Mad King

A Chapter by Matthew-Ryan Willams
"

An accurate account of the events told in "The Tragic Tale of King Pepton"

"
VALORIAN HISTORY:
The Undoing of Torrin Druis, The Mad King
Of the seven families granted the power of Demon Gates, none were as evil as the Druis family. One of the more powerful gate holder families, the Druis family used fear and despair to suppress the people under there rule. No other did this better than Torrin Druis. Unlike his predecessors, Torrin's madness was coupled with with an intellectual genius. Within one full-cycle of developing his power, he completely solved the origin and possibilities of the gate power. He stopped training in physical combat, pouring all of his focus into the many forms of Magika. By the twenty-third year of his life, he had mastered all known Magika, and began to study ancient magic. Many believed that because of his intellect his madness was amplified. He destroyed the villages and cities near him, turning them into sacrificial alters to what he called the "True God," one he said to be older than Koncheta himself.
When the great war between Glassion and the five other gate kingdoms began, many feared Torrin would side with Krayten because of the bloodline their families shared. The power Krayten possessed was already overwhelming, with Torrin's added to his the tables may have shifted out of their favor. To stop this possible alliance, an assassin was sent in to kill him. The assassin failed in his attempt, but a startling piece of information was found out; Torrin had made himself immortal. The kings of the west, east, south, central, and the queen of the north all met in secret to devise a plan to rid themselves of him. Forming the Royal Collective, they worked together to find a way to stop him. Immortality spells were ancient magic, they had to tread carefully or they would face dire consequences. As idea after idea was struck down, a young woman from the Glassion region requested an audience with them. Her name was Claire, and she claimed to be one versed in ancient magic. They accepted her request, seeing that they were at wit's end. As she was being escorted to the meeting area, she was passed by the son of the eastern king, Prince Dollen Lecktor. The two fell in love instantly. The woman Claire had a simple plan, she would seduce Torrin, and strip him of his immortality. The royal collective, after testing her powers in various ways, signed off the the mission.
For the next full-cycle after that meeting, Claire infiltrated and worked on seducing Torrin. All the time she was doing this though she thought only of Prince Dollen. She witnessed the cruelty that Torrin rained down on his people, disgusted the entire time. Finally, after a long courting period, Torrin proposed. She finally had the chance she was waiting for. On their wedding night, she would make her move.
The wedding night finally came, but somehow her plan had been leaked to Torrin. He burst into their bed chambers firing spells as he entered. Claire was a quick think also, and went on the defensive almost instantly. The two fired spells and counter spells at each other, destroying the room in the process. The longer the battle went on the more madness seeped out of Torrin. In a final fit or rage, he attempted to open his gate to it's fullest. With the stress of his mage battle still weighing on him, this decision proved to be his undoing. In his weakened state he couldn't control his power. In an attempt to gain control of his power, he shifted his focus from Claire to the gate; that was her opening. Using all the remaining energy she had, she cast a nullification spell, stripping Torrin of his immortality. This put him completely over the edge. He drew a knife he was hiding at his waist, and lunged at her. Forgoing all combat training, Torrin did not know how to properly use a knife. Claire though had been trained, and disarmed him easily. The room suddenly filled with Collective soldiers, and Torrin Druis was taken into custody.
His crimes were presented before the collective, and he was sentenced to a special punishment. The Druis family, like their relatives the Istor family, were a prideful people, so he was punished in two stages. First, the name Druis would be stricken from and annuls of Valorian history. The second would be that he would watch as his family faded from memory. At the request of the Royal Collective, Claire cast three spells upon the former King Druis. The first to restore his immortality, the second to morphology him into a hideous humanoid beast. She cast a third on him for her own revenge. During her time with him, he would take the young girls of his kingdom and rape them, claiming he was "showing them the way of the world." This third spell made him asexual, and forced him to give birth to abominations in his image. He was released into the world to live as best he could. Claire was deemed a hero in the now liberated Callda city, and since she had married King Druis, was now their queen. Soon after Prince Dollen proposed to her, which she accepted, and the two of them lived, and ruled for ten full-cycles until Callda was destroyed by Glassion forces. Their bodies, and the bodies of their two children, were never found.


© 2015 Matthew-Ryan Willams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 1, 2015
Last Updated on August 1, 2015


Author

Matthew-Ryan Willams
Matthew-Ryan Willams

St Clair, MI



About
Reading literature has always been a big part of my life, but lately I have taken to writing my own. Writing has saved my life numeral times in the last few years so I wanted to share what was created.. more..

Writing