Fallen World - Welcome to Rotten

Fallen World - Welcome to Rotten

A Chapter by Christopher Montrond
"

Meet the the mysterious protagonist. Welcome to Rotten. You can read the whole book for free here:

"
1
I suddenly open my eyes... my mouth is dry and my hands are burning " What the hell happened " That’s what I say before seeing a corpse in front of me, it’s the body of a young woman in her 23 to 28 years.

My head is dazing and the only sound I can hear is my own voice... just screaming out loud. 

Images start coming, making me remember where I am, the place looks like a high school classroom. I’m inside my classroom...

I try to stand up and then I hear a voice " Chris, is that you!? " I can’t recognize the voice but I can recognize the name. Chris, that’s my name.

- W...Who’s there? " I ask. My voice trembling.

- It’s me, Becky. Are you hurt? " The girl asks.

- What happened? - I try to get close to her.

- The lights went down and there was an earthquake, we are looking for survivors right now " She says, while avoiding all the trash on the ground.

- “We”? " I ask, while wondering if there are others out there.

- Me and 5 more people, c’mon help me search for Ms. Sarah.

Now I remember. This girl is Rebecca, she’s from my Math’s class. But wait... Sarah, that’s the name of our teacher, she’s the woman laying on the floor!

- Hey Chris, why did you become so pale all of a sudden? " She asks, while turning around to see the body.

- Over there, isn’t that... - I begin to talk, but her reaction is faster!

As soon as she sees her she freaks out and runs to the corridor!

I’m so confused right now... There’s a dead body in front of me and the whole place is destroyed. I put my hands in my pocket and find my cell phone, the battery is low.

I try to call 911, but it doesn’t work. I have to find the others...

As I walk in the corridors I hear some voices coming from a near classroom, it appears to be where Becky is. I push the door and then I find myself in a classroom with 3 girls and 3 boys.

- Why did you take all this time Montrond? " One of the boys asks me.

- Is what Becky said really true? Is our homeroom teacher really dead? " Another boy asks.

I remember them, they’re Noah and Travis.

- Yes " I say.

- You were with her weren’t you Montrond? Why didn’t you do something? " Travis yelled at me.

- I am confused, I just woke up " I tell him the truth.

- DON’T GIVE ME THAT CHEAP TALK!! " He yells again.

- Calm down Travis " Becky says, while still crying.

- Chris! " One of the girls jumps at me, she looks relived - I thought you were dead

- Rio... - I hug the girl, she’s Rio, my best friend and ex-girlfriend


© 2014 Christopher Montrond


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on September 4, 2014
Last Updated on September 4, 2014
Tags: Survival, Sci Fi, Supernatural, Rotten


Author

Christopher Montrond
Christopher Montrond

Praia, Santiago, Cape Verde



About
Capeverdean, 18. Computer Science and Engineering student at University of Cape Verde. Programmer. In my free times I enjoy reading, listening to music, drawing and swimming. more..

Writing