Fallen World - Friends

Fallen World - Friends

A Chapter by Christopher Montrond
"

Chris meets up with the rest of the Survivals... You can read the whole book for free here:

"
I check my phone; two hours have passed since I found Rio and the others. In total we are 7 in this classroom, Me, Rio, Becky, Travis, Noah, Rick, and Monique. 

I can see Monique sleeping in the corner of the room; Rio and Noah are with Becky, who’s still in chock.

Rick has his I-Pad still running; I decide to talk to him.

- Hey buddy, where’s Travis? " I ask.

- He went to search for his baseball bat, so he can protect us " Rick says, with his eyes 
glued to the screen of the iPad.

- Protect us? From what? " I ask, curious.

- Oh... so Rio didn't tell you? " He says with a weird voice.

- What are you talking about? " I ask him.

- We are not alone in here. There are some... creatures trying to kill us. I have a picture here; do you want to see it?

I thought this was one of Rick’s stupid jokes but when he showed me the picture... I believed him. The creature looked human but had something... different, it’s hard to describe but that thing alone is enough to realize he’s not human.

- What the hell is that!? " I ask. That thing must not be from this world.

- We still don’t know, we are waiting for Monique to wake up, I think she knows something " Rick declares.

- Is that so... - I say, while looking at Monique.

- Why don’t you try talking to Rio? After all, she’s her friend " Rick says with that strange voice again.

- I’ll try it later. But tell me, what are you doing? " I ask.

- I’m trying to access the internet but it’s impossible, and my battery won’t last much longer... - He says.

- My cell phone is working too but... - I say, but Rick interrupts me.

- Yours is working!!!? " Rick looks surprised.

- What’s so great about it? I can’t even make a phone call... - I confess.

- But if we can get to the rooftop, then maybe we’ll get a signal " He says.

- Are you sure about that? " I ask. I have my doubts about this.

- At least that’s a plan " He uses that strange voice once again.

Rick’s right, anything is better than standing here, just waiting to end like the teacher or to be attacked by some of those “things”. I turn around and I can see Monique still sleeping, I hope she really knows something about this mess.

I then look at Rio; she looks as strong as ever. At least she looks determined to get out of this nightmare; she is always my fountain of strength.

- Guys, I've found something!! " Travis had returned.

- What are you talking about? " I ask, curious.

- I've found a room with electricity! " He surprises us.

- God bless you Travis! Then what are we waiting for? " says an amazed Rick.

- But we have to move upstairs, you said it yourself Rick! " I say.

- The room is on the 3rd floor, so there is no problem " Travis says, while looking at the girls.

And then we get moving...


© 2014 Christopher Montrond


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on September 4, 2014
Last Updated on September 4, 2014
Tags: Survival, Sci Fi, Supernatural, Rotten


Author

Christopher Montrond
Christopher Montrond

Praia, Santiago, Cape Verde



About
Capeverdean, 18. Computer Science and Engineering student at University of Cape Verde. Programmer. In my free times I enjoy reading, listening to music, drawing and swimming. more..

Writing