Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Tao
"

Amaryllis struggles to fit in with the others at the Academy of the Gifted. She can control all four elements, fire, water, earth and air and many people fear her.

"

Amaryllis looked at her reflection. A girl with ugly eyes looked back at her. A hiss of frustration escaped her lips.

Amaryllis hated her eyes. She hated how it separated her from the other students at the Academy of the Gifted.

Every time she looked at a mirror, they would be the first thing she saw, the irises that were not of one colour, but four. Her right iris was half blue, half green while her left iris was half red, half brown. Amaryllis was regarded as an experiment, someone who according to theory, would have died the moment she was born because she would not be able to reach the harmony and balance of the four elements and would spontaneously combust, but despite the theory, she had survived.

Amaryllis could control all four elements: air, water, fire and earth because of the colours of her eyes and she hated the fact. She hated how the other Gifted looked at her strangely and how people avoided her, scared of her powers, how it ruled her out from the other Gifted.

Fate has a cruel sense of humor, she thought. Her name Amaryllis literally meant beautiful eyes. The opposite of what I have, she thought bitterly.

It was only her first day at the Academy of the Gifted, a school for those who were Gifted with elemental magic and it had already been bad. Amaryllis threw herself onto the dormitory bed and buried her head in the pillow.

Amaryllis had come to school and walked into her first class, Air magic. Since she could control all four elements, her timetable was extremely crowded and left her with only ten minutes of rest during lunchtime. The Air magic teacher, Ms. Aurar, was a strict teacher and they were learning how to make gales of wind. Amaryllis, as ever and quick learner had caught on quickly and fed the air the energy in her aura was soon making things in the room fly around. The other students had watched her with fear. Fear. They were scared of her. The rest of the day had passed in a blur, with many people looking at her, scared of her and her eyes.

All because of my eyes, she thought angrily. How am I going to survive my time here? Amaryllis thought.



© 2013 Amy Tao


Author's Note

Amy Tao
Please comment and give reviews! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I haven't read the other chapters but I really enjoyed this one. Very cool having all the element colors in the eyes, that grabbed my attention. The chapter could be longer though, other than that great job. ( please read my first chapter The Lost Heir in my story Lucifer)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 26, 2013
Last Updated on March 26, 2013
Tags: elemental, magic, danger, fear, hate, love, romance, dance, power, girl


Author

Amy Tao
Amy Tao

Hong Kong, Hong Kong



About
Hi guys, I am Moonleaf.. Yes, I'm a very dedicated Warriors fan, as well as a Harry Potter fan and a The Alchemyst fan. I like writing poems and short stories, and I enjoy reading fiction books What a.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Tao