I Don't Know You

I Don't Know You

A Poem by Heart Of The Shattered

Let’s state the facts.

I have a step father, a mother, and a half brother.

I feel like I’m going to suffocate.

I don’t know what to do. I have a family that loves me.

Then there are you.

The man I know barely anything about.

You were never there.

Who am I kidding?

My mother says you’re rude.

But let’s face it: I don’t know you.

You have another family, I’ve never met.

You have another kid, my other half brother.

So let’s face it: you’re not my father.

No matter how much you and I want it.

And trust me.

I do wish you are here, because no matter what.

I do love you. I guess I’m just that strange.

*()*

I feel like I’m going to suffocate. Who am I kidding? I already am suffocating. I don’t know why or how, but I am. It’s like what above said. I’m not your daughter because I barely know you. To me family isn’t defined by blood; it’s by love, friendship, and trust. Yeah, I don’t know where that came from. I guess it’s just been there all this time. Waiting. I wish I know you. Then I could be your daughter but that just seems selfish. You have a different family, a family that loves you. The way I probably never could. I now know why I’m suffocating. It’s because I’m constantly battling myself. My mother says your rude and I don’t have to speak to you, I want to, but like I said before family is partially about trust to me. I feel like I should trust my mom but also you. Then I realized I don’t know you. You may be my birth father but I don’t know you. So now I’ve decided I’m not going to trust you, but I’m going to have faith in you. Let’s hope that my decision was right and I can finally breathe.

© 2013 Heart Of The Shattered


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 18, 2013
Tags: Father, confession, love, trust, faith

Author

Heart Of The Shattered
Heart Of The Shattered

Kyle, TX



About
I like Rick Riordan, Erin Hunter, Suzanne Collins, and Lois Lowry. My writing is almost always young adult fiction novels or I write poems. My favorite play is 'Romeo And Juliet'. I love romance and a.. more..

Writing