I'm in love with my best friend but she's married

I'm in love with my best friend but she's married

A Story by Moonwind Belmont
"

the sad sorry fact I'm falling for my best friend..who happens to be married.

"
  I have this best friend, she's about 30 years old, she's the mother of 3 beautiful children, and her husband is my former drinking buddy ( we both gave up alcohol) and my good friend. Her family is like my extended family,her brother was my former band mate and has been my friend ever since we were young,  where we have been through many crisis and hardships as well as fun times.

My best friend is also a part of a very known rock band here in our area where she handles lead vocals. And besides her being a mom of three, she's still retains a very youthful glow and feminine demure. Such beauty was already visible ever since but it was only lately that this crazy feeling started bothering me.

We became much closer during 2007-2009 when it was always me she turned to whenever problems arrived.Whether it be her husband's drinking concerns, the kids, the store, with the band, with other people, she would seek me out and we would talk. As for me, she was was my love problem doctor, she would scold me many an occasion because I would to the most foolish things for love, to the point that I would hurt myself and sacrifice everything. I was the rebound pillow, the shoulder to cry on, the wall of defense and the security blanket. And in return, she would be on the lookout  to everything as with regards to my love life and health which were the two things that will either make me happy or destroy me in my life.

Maybe we got too close, or maybe thats whats in my mind, We'd hold hands, we'd hug, i'd put my arm around her...but then again best friends do that and I know she would that to me because she trusts me. And that I'm a close friend who will always be there at her side. But me? I'm having feelings, which I know is bad. I know for another fact she loves her husband very much. So I'd rather keep this complicated feeling to myself.
than lose a friend so dear to me.

Nowadays, we seldom see each other, partly because I'm trying to  avoid situations that I'd see her in the hope that I'd forget this ridiculous and wrong feeling that I have for her and because of the busy schedule I have. But we saw each other a few Saturdays ago when my band had a gig and she dropped by. And when she left to go to another bar, I looked into her eyes and as we held hands, I didn't  want to let go...

It hurts...

© 2011 Moonwind Belmont


Author's Note

Moonwind Belmont
I've had the sad and sorry misfortune of falling for my married best friend. Although lately I'm handling it better...because I try to avoid seeing her in the hope the feeling will go away

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know exactly how you feel. I fell for a friend who simply has no interest in me.
It's not wrong to love someone, ever. How you feel will come out, even if you try to hide it. The worst thing is when you think you are over that person...until you see them again. Then it all comes crashing down on you yet again.

It's good that you got your feelings out.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awww. That's so sad but I liked it. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Emotion is strong. It could even trigger death.
Such a brave man, and a loyal friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


you're just being ethical..
...you're a good man..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
4 Reviews
Added on October 13, 2011
Last Updated on October 20, 2011

Author

Moonwind Belmont
Moonwind Belmont

Cebu, 7, Philippines



About
I'm a musician by heart and have been blessed with this talent since I was a kid. I am also a writer but it seems I have lost the touch when I entered this reality called the "WORKING WORLD". I used t.. more..

Writing