Chapter 1 of a work in progress

Chapter 1 of a work in progress

A Story by Morello Sky
"

This story is about how I met my darling Prince Charming, I haven't worked on it for a while, but the beginning certainly won't be the start of an unfinished project.

"

(Chapter   1)

Stalking and Observing


“Do you see him?”

“Who?”

“The guy with the tattoos, stacking those Campbell’s cans.”

“Ohhh! You mean the Walmart worker?”

“Yes! Isn’t he cute?”

“Well, I mean I guess. He isn’t all that cute.”

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NOT THAT CUTE? He’s perfect. He has gauges, tattoos and long, curly, perfect dark brown hair.”

“Eh, I’m just not that into him.. I like Hollister wearing country boys. Remember?”

“Oh.”


Nicole and I were up to our usual sophomore shenanigans, we were hanging around Walmart waiting for our parents to pick us up after watching The Vow at Cinergy Cinemas. It was the first time we’ve hung out since we met in Mrs. You’s Geometry class and out of all the movies we had to choose from, we chose the gay romantic one. In the theater there were pairs all over the place separated by one seat and of course they were all heterosexual couples. Nicole and I, being both female, sat in the top row just feeling awkward and out of place. There were guys arms around all of the girls and we watched as the individual pairs got closer and closer. An hour and approximately forty-five minutes later the movie ended and we decided to walk to the supercenter across the street: Walmart.

At Walmart, Nicole dragged me to the grocery aisle in hopes to find this cute guy she’s been following for the past few months. After about ten to fifteen minutes of searching and locating this guy she’s been practically drooling over, she decided to pull me into the candy aisle and she pointed at this guy in a blue shirt and khakis. Nicole started going on about how perfect this guy was to her and how much she despised that he had the “perfect relationship” that he and his girlfriend constantly posted about all over Instagram and Facebook. Approximately ten minutes later her phone started going off, it was her dad, he was outside of Walmart and I was left there until my mom decided to come get me a couple minutes after Nicole was picked up.

In the car I told my mom everything that went on on our little “date”. I told her about all of the couples in the theater, what movie we saw, how awkward the theater felt and I even told her about the “cute” worker that Nicole pointed out at Walmart. Of course, after I brought up the whole “boy thing” my mom had to see who Nicole was obsessing over and she forcibly made me pull up the Facebook and Instagram of Cody AllBee.

Trying to find Cody’s social networking wasn’t difficult at all seeing as to how he’s the only “Cody AllBee” around where I live. After I typed up his name I sent the link to Nicole’s phone to see if the website was right and sure enough, it was. Under everything Cody was on it said “In A Relationship with Selena Rodriguez” and I had to point that out to my mom before she got her hopes up of me being in any sort of relationship with this boy.

Scrolling down his Facebook I came across the information needed in order to get a Facebook in the first place. Cody Lee AllBee, 19, Copperas Cove High School graduate. “S**t he’s 19, I’m only 15. Whatever, he’s taken and I’m talking to someone.”, I thought to myself as I searched more things about Nicole’s “perfect boy”.

© 2014 Morello Sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 20, 2014
Tags: boyfriend, relationships, Walmart, stalking, observing, introductions

Author

Morello Sky
Morello Sky

COPPERAS COVE, TX



Writing