TIME

TIME

A Poem by MoriartyMesa
"

The works of a highly underpaid over dramatic, Sir. Rubbius Wallace Buttocks of Friday

"
Look upon the setting sun, see the sky of Heaven change from blue to a color of purple velvet.

The table is booked at 7 p.m........

I beg thee dear Diana, Venus, Bright Seraphim of beauty to rival Helen of Troy.

Dear tender goddess of my breast,

Sweetest delight of Sin,

Yes, this is what I plan on wearing....

Oh Angel of heaven, whom would have tempted Odysseus to steer his battered and broken ship to your shores, for a mere glimpse of your beauty that spreads across the four winds as the sent of The Ebb Tide..

The table is booked at 7 p.m.

It shall take the hour glass to be one quarter full to arrive.

Undoubtedly, as the Black Shadow of death stretches upon the soul of the most Noble and Loving God Fearing man.

If we do not leave no we will be forced to wait..............for another table.

I SHALL NOT WAIT AT THE BAR, for then we shall not hear when our table is ready...

My fondest love,

You whom bring me the light of God's love,

The Blessing of treasures unknown to the great wealth of Croesus.

Treasure of the heart and love, which send a man to Olympus to demand the Godhood of your soul.

What do you mean you have 'nothing to wear'?

Yes, I am stilling going to wear this.

Fair and most beautiful lady,

the sand's run dry, as the drops of time drip unto the river of the Cosmos.

Has thou changed for a thirteenth time?

"How does thy clothing,

change the mass of gravity"?

I humbly confess, I do not care.

For our table is booked at 7 p.m.

'Apply make up',

My love,

my treasure,

my Goddess among high, my fury, my Valkyrie, My angle of heavens delights..

Is it really necessary?

No my lips do not speak treasonous words or reproaches of beauty,

nor shall they be seen as some idle flights of fancy,

but thy Mother has texted me.

"Tell thy silly girl to hurry the hell up, for father wishes to see the last half hour of the A's Game"

And with heavy dread,

with unspeakable horrors and enchantments of the darkest pits of hell, curses...........

You decided to wear the first thing you tried on.

what a shock.............................


 

© 2012 MoriartyMesa


Author's Note

MoriartyMesa
Best part about my work is knowing that if I enter it in a contest here, it will loose to a poem about 'true love', this is real love. Waiting 67 hrs while your Girl gets ready and not complaining.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'I beg thee dear Diana, Venus, Bright Seraphim of beauty to rival Helen of Troy."
I like the feel of this poem. The strong statements made me feel part of the poem. Sometime we have no option but to wait. I like the ending to the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

aha love the heaven imagery here! nicely done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Haha, serious, love, and humorous. Love the ending and the details. I really like this part:
"My love,

my treasure,

my Goddess among high, my fury, my Valkyrie, My angle of heavens delights.."

I as well like this quote towards the ending:
""Tell thy silly girl to hurry the hell up, for father wishes to see the last half hour of the A's Game""

And, the ending itself, enjoyed this, nice one.
"You decided to wear the first thing you tried on.

what a shock..."

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
wow, its nice. waiting takes a lot of patience and love is patience.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cool write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


LOL :) Silly girls and their clothes! How Shakespearean of you, Mr. Moriarty. Yes, true love means waiting for hours for a girl to get ready and loving her all the more for it and listening to your man get all kinds of pissy about it and loving him anyway.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love the humor and the note..so very true on all declarations. I read with earnest and giggles ..clever insight into the battle of the sexes and with such understanding..gotta love it. Don't worry, I enter the silly love poems and still never win. I seem to lose out to men with great insight.

Posted 11 Years Ago


My goodness, you are a patient and loving man! This was an enjoyable read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
rotflmao..omg...that is sooo true, and you sir are the very picture of shakespearian patience! I chuckled through this entire thing, very entertaining XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love it! I have to agree that it is very true. I like the spin you put on it and you played on something real. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Awesome poem! A small, humorous piece on time:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

933 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 26, 2012

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..