You ask for it, than it happens.

You ask for it, than it happens.

A Story by MoriartyMesa
"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUuPo6PkdU&feature=colike Prompted in the last thirteen seconds.

"
Sitting on a train not too long ago I found myself in one of those moments a person does not exactly begin to question another person's thinking. But to anyone who reads this I will do the best I can to describe that moment of odd clarity that came to me sitting on the train. Across from me with the look of 'I am way more deeper than you, check out the highlights' , some where around her early 20's, her strange Pixie outfit was to assault the eye's and possibly dumbstruck the intelligence of any one who may cross her path, think Pixie Rave Girl/student. California of course breeds this frame of thinking with women because it is consider hip, trendy, something that is an excuse to be a what ever that one woman assumed the world wanted when she walked out of the house that morning. Everything on her was placed with such amount of preparation, detail, fore thought. Not the Chuck Norris approach of your more seasoned female, but that over choreographed MTV Katie Perry/emo pixie girl look. So much effort to be 'different' so much effort to be that much more hip and cool than every other person walking around shopping at the same Hot Topic's she buy's her gear from.

Everything from her; jet black hair with purple high-lights, thick black framed glasses, tattoo's of stars and Chinese lettering that translates to 'chicken chow main w- 2eggrolls'. This young lady screamed, "LOOK AT ME, PLEASE, I WANT TO BE DIFFERENT!" People love to say that do not look at someone and judge them, they love to say they never judge someone by what they are but who they are and a lot of worthwhile things that can be summed up in an old ABC network family show. But what occurred to me was, in the screaming for difference this woman blended in more and more. The idea of being special, of being the one who matters, the person that sheds a new light on something, is, well. Kind of bullshit. Not that everyone is out to make their special mark in History, to look back and say "I was apart of that", but at the same time the nameless of those whom actually helped history along will never be named. No one will ever write a Novel on the man who may have accidentally fired the first arrow in at a Roman officer.  Or the man who came up with the dunking machine you see at county fairs, unsung hero's of industry, revolution, innovation, or the man who bakes fresh donuts in the morning that makes your drive that much more pleasant.

Not that recognition is always  is needed, when the cogs keep the rest of the clock work moving, people tend to forget little piece's make the big ones run. But you never know what to say when the time comes, maybe a person just want's to be looked at and adored for a reason they can not understand but for some reason they want it. 

Sitting across from this girl, one thought that cross my mind had been the eventual explanation when a random picture shows up in front of her grand children, when grams was 'hip'. Another thought was what someone like Jack Burden would have thought if he was on this train in my seat. Would he question her motives like Mr. Stark? Or would he just give a side ways glance, chuckle and take a sip of old miss? Jack Burden was not sitting on that train, just myself and my thoughts. Not sure if the wheels, cogs, and gears in my eye's gave me away with a new paper in front of my face, but the attempted deep but soft voice broke my chain of thought when she said, "is it me, or do people just never take the time to look out the windows and see the world?"   At that moment it dawned on me, some people have a nature that actually separates them. Maybe there are some who have their own world that never meets ours, that plain of thought that can be a curse before the gift.




As for myself, my reality steams from the daily reminders of tiny bubbles that hold tiny plains of thought, that have no idea they can be connected if only given the chance. But the best part of a personal universe is as God your almost never questioned, just loved, embraced, nurtured, and held as sacred belief.

© 2012 MoriartyMesa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Unfortunately I am unable to bring words together to do this review justice. So I will just say very well done, a favorite piece of work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This makes me think of the hair rockers of the 80's in lepoard print pants and hair like david bowie in the labrinth. Looking back at the pictures now they have to squirm a little. And just think, like you said, soon we will have old people covered in what used to be a shower of stars, but now resemble a poorly drawn raisin. Everyone wants to be famous and followed by camera flashes, but residing in the dream they miss the world around them. The conversational feel of this was very refreshing. This has been my favorite read so far this evening.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thought provoking write . Really some deep analysis of society what we deem different , conformity and mediocrity but then again who are we to judge.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good look at the internal thoughts and workings of the narrator. Is this a character that will live beyond this piece? there are some errors, mostly in punctuation, but you can easily fix that with a bit of editing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..