To Walk on Hot Rocks- preface

To Walk on Hot Rocks- preface

A Chapter by The Proletarian
"

My prologue to To Walk on Hot Rocks.

"
IN the far future, to walk on hot rocks is a odyssey of human evolution; it is a dark, chilling genetic dystopia that rises from the utilitarian cultivation of two subspecies of man: the subjugation of a human race, the elimination of culture and history to breed a synthetic subservience, and how this eugenic society meets its inevitable decline by its own rigid, cripplingly perfect devices.
Three words, I have decided for it. 

The first, EAT. 

Arguably the most important and interpersonal of the bodily functions. The decision made in light of understanding the stable distribution of resources that the preservation of this communication will allow over an indefinite period of time, also in deference to the observation that EAT serves as an acceptable cipher to the shared preservation of all the essential bodily functions, sub-vocally communicated, when necessary, through a series of grunts and gestures.

The second, SEX.
 A suitable compromise. Notwithstanding great controversy, and adamant condemnation, SEX survives as the only suitable reproductive approach- As allowing access of the intra-venal birthing facilities to the Alpha Males who construct them will yield a diminishing marginal return of population over time per resource input, which will cause foreseeable conflict with Superioris reproductive priority as birth facility production collapses. As the stability and reproductive exclusivity of the Homo Sapien Superioris is of mandate, the Alpha male will be allowed the genetic ambiguity of reproduction through SEX, so as to prevent said resource conflict. Radioactive treatments and gene therapy will ensure an acceptable measure of hereditary stability. 

Lastly, I have granted the final, and most important word. Unlike any other word or thought, BUILD will be imbedded into its neural network, it will permeate its subconscious, displace its every personality. For a member of the Alpha Male livestock, BUILD will be the subject of dreams, his purpose in life. Indeed- to BUILD is where he will find greatest comfort, where he will find all the puzzle pieces of his mind fit together, nicely. 

***

And so, by reason of unanimous vote, BUILD became the most powerful word in the english language, a blaring white noise to drown out the very meaning of life. 

And as the stars bid a final farewell to the surface of the earth, BUILD smiles back.

BUILD beats the heart of the ox, as it kneads the ground into silver.

BUILD cries the sea and sky as they recede from the horizon, ripped apart by the growing teeth of metropolis skyline.

And so, as the world is carefully ushered into permanent silence, BUILD is met with a thunderous applause.


© 2012 The Proletarian


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012


Author

The Proletarian
The Proletarian

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



Writing
Oil Oil

A Story by The Proletarian