Ice-Cream Truck

Ice-Cream Truck

A Story by Mother_Yolk
"

Careful kids, you might fall!

"
She bolted down the small path leading out of her backyard with energetic spurts of energy. Coins were clutched tightly in her sweaty hand. She quickened her pace to an all-out sprint like she were an Olympic runner as the music from the ice-cream truck stopped and the truck halted at the side of the street for her. The slapping noise of her flip-flops resonated around the tall walls of the neighborhood with a strange echo. Then as if predestined by fate itself, not wanting her to enjoy a delicious frozen desert, the plastic strips holding her flip-flops together between her big toe and second toe finally snapped from many years of use and like the fibers of stringed cheese, flailed at her toes like flimsy fingers caressing her feet. Before she knew it, the girl's face and upper torso slammed against the pavement of the rural streets. Deep red blood shone in contrast to the dark grey on the road and the girl's body skidded painfully to a stop. She let out a gurgle through her throat but it was barely audible; her bloody esophagus and windpipe trailed by her body as if she was taken straight out of an unrealistic 80's horror film. The driver peered out of his window in shock and saw the little girl, but nothing he could do would help her, nor was the thought of calling the police on his mind.
Then the ice-cream truck began to play its familiar tune and the driver sped off.

© 2014 Mother_Yolk


Author's Note

Mother_Yolk
I read a short description on someone running and... I wrote off of it. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done, Mother_Yolk.
I love your writing.
Even though the little girl going to buy ice cream is typically a happy thing, the moment I started reading I could feel something. Something darker. I felt a little nervous. I don't know why...but the words "sweaty" "stopped" "halted" "strange" they stood out a lot to me, and they helped set the mood.
The figurative language is amazing as well as the imagery.
And the ice cream truck's song now seems to be a warning, or some haunting melody at the end.
lissalovesyou:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm happy you felt the darkness in this story. Thanks for reading!
I'm thinking if that is actually possible... tripping so hard you scrape your flesh and your organs just spill out. Lol.
I really liked your similes though! They helped me really picture the scene here. Gory as heck, but wonderful!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Mother_Yolk

9 Years Ago

Hahah it'd be a really wonderful sight, wouldn't it?? Thanks a lot, mate. I'm a fan of gore though :.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 26, 2014
Last Updated on May 26, 2014
Tags: Ice cream, death, kids, flip flops, fall, trip

Author

Mother_Yolk
Mother_Yolk

Somewhere in South America.



About
"Remember how in that communion only, beholding beauty with the eye of the mind, he will be enabled to bring forth, not images of beauty, but realities (for he has hold not of an image but of a realit.. more..

Writing