Firestar Ch. 2 *Language warning*

Firestar Ch. 2 *Language warning*

A Story by MotleyMelly
"

Chapter 2, to Firestar!

"
Domingo grinned, pleased with himself. The wench was dead. Finally. As was her husband. The psycopathic look in his eyes only grew. He rolled the man over with his foot. "Thought you really could challenge me, huh? Thought you could just run away... Haha, look at you now. And your pretty little wife. Hopefully she's learned her lesson not to reject me... We had a deal... But you forgot to pull your end... "  Then he looked around, "You were supposed to kill off that goody-goody brother of mine, but now, I suppose I'll have to do it myself."
He pulled a baggie out of his pocket. The perk of being identical twins... meant they had the same DNA... He'd cut and dyed some of his hair... He began to sprinkle the hairs about... "Die, little weakling. Die."  he almost cackled, his eyes going black for a moment, as he ran around like a child with a bubble-wand. When he finished, he only had to wait... And come up with a good alibi. But he was no dummy... He could find one...
The bands had had yet another awesome show, having moved the show up to Washington State by now. Micku, though his body was tired, was having the time of his life. Like a repeat of last night's show, he was climbing all over Ramiro and Tia, both whom handled him with a gentle nature. "AAAAA!!! There were so many people! All rocking out! Did you see that!!? Oh, god... When Ramiro and I pulled off that jam together!!! And TiaTiaTiaTia! Oh, god, I could feel your drums shaking the place!!! And Vincent! Wow! Wow, that scream he pulled off!  I can't believe it! I can't. F*****g. BELIEVE IT!!!!" 
"Micku!! Mookie!! Easy!! How much caffiene have you had, exactly?? F**k!" Tia laughed as the boy was now trying to balance on her lap.  Vincent came into the room with a rather incriminating cup of iced coffee, "I think I know. I found about three of these in his dressing room." he'd grin. Micku perked, "You did not!!" he'd run over and begin slapping Vincent, who shielded himself and laughed. "Okay, okay, it's mine!!! Eek!" Vincent laughed, spilling coffee everywhere. "Micku...!!!!" he'd snip, "Stop!" 
Sure, Micku stopped, only laughing at Vincent, who was now covered in mocha. Vincent rolled his eyes and huffed, but Ramiro interrupted, "'Ey! Now you're both gonna be showering after we get back to the hotel. " Micku and Vincent looked at each other, "He's stinkier." Mickunae said, getting his troublemaker grin on.  "Am not...!!!" Vincent squealed like a girl. At this point, Mikio wheeled his way into the room, snickering at the youngsters. "Oh come, now. That green fog's gotta be from the both of ya." 
"You sound a little raspy..." Tia stated. Mikio nodded, "Yeh, I may have pushed myself a bit too much tonight. A bit of rest and honey-lemon tea will fix me right up." Vincent winced at that.... "... Ew? I hate lemon..." Mikio came a bit closer to him. "From singer to singer- It ain't tasty... Unless maybe in some sweet iced tea. BUT. It's good for your throat. With your style of singing, you might just find it your savior, boy."  Vincent looked at him funny, but Ramiro just smiled, "Listen to the man, Vincey. He knows what he's talking about.  Your style has the occasional scream. So does his." 
Vincent kinda nodded, but looked hesitant to try it... "Say, what's that you all drink a bit of after each show?"  In response, Mikio smiled, pulling out the familiar flask, "Want a taste?" Ramiro tilted his head, "What is it?"  Mikio boasted, "Probably the best damn moonshine out there. My grand-dad made the recipe himself. Passed it on to us." 
 "You shound pretty confident," Tia chuckled, "And you guys are what? Eighteen? Aren't you a bit young for alcohol?" Mikio, being who he was shrugged, "Maybe we are. But it's nice to have a refreshing taste of home."
Vincent, at this point, was sniffing the flask, "... Oh! Strong!" but he grinned, "Could I??" This one was a question for both Mikio and Tia. Tia sighed, "A swig won't kill you. " Micku perked, "Ooo, me too!!" Ramiro shrugged, "S**t... Could we all take a swig?" And at this, Mr. Starstreamer seemed very happy, "Welcome to the tradition, folks!"  He'd hand the flask to Ramiro first, who took a swig, shuddered, then his eyes went wide, "..... Damn! That IS good!... But holy s**t...!"
Tia took a swig, and her eyes actually glowed a little, flower petals seeming to fall from the air. "Huh???" she seemed confused. But this only made Micku want to try it more. Before Tia could even react, he snagged it and took a rather large swig, snow swirling around him. Ramiro's eyes were wide, "Ho....ly s**t...??" He'd curl his arms around himself, to warm up... Of course, his problem was solved when Vincent took a swig and lit on pink fire... like... bright pink! But for only a moment.  Ramiro just sat there flabberghasted, looking between his bandmates. "What.... The....??" He couldn't even finish his sentence. He looked to Mikio, "Wh-what was that?? Why did they--...? Micku, what--...? Vincent? Tia???"
Tia furrowed her brow, "I don't even know, babe, I don't." Vincent, who just stared at the flask, asked Mikio, "What.... What just happened? Was I on fire? ... Coooool... No, wait, hot!" Mikio didn't know. He was speechless himself, "I'm... Amazed..." He said quietly, "I don't know what happened to you guys with the jolt of the moonshine, but... It was... Amazing... Mickunae, are you alright, kid??" Micku had absolutely no response. He, in fact, huffed. A confusing reaction to everyone. ".... What all things do you guys believe in??"
Mikio asked, "What do you mean??" and the others indeed looked at him, Micku explained, "Something in that drink was... supernatural." Mikio then gave the boy a weird look. "What in tarnation do you mean?? It's the same recipe our grand-dad uses. We follow it by the letter each time." Mickunae shook his head, "Then it must be something about you guys. Your... Esscence? Something that spread from you into the drink. Nothing bad, but..." Vincent snipped, confused, "But what??" Ramiro, bit his lip, "Vincent... Calm down...?" Mickunae looked at Tia, "It activated... our supernatural..... Stuff." Tia would blink in confusion.
Micku sighed and looked to Ramiro, "Ramiro, what were your thoughts when you first saw my ears and felt my cold??" Ramiro looked to the side a bit, nervous. "I thought.... You maybe had a deformity... like... like you told us." Micku smirked. "Wanna know the truth? I trust you guys not to say anything..." Ramiro, Tia, Mikio, and Vincent looked, as Micku gave a sigh, encouraging himself. He spoke something, but it sounded more like snow blowing through a valley.  With a flash of light blue light, the others could only cover their eyes, as the figure that was Mickunae now sported beautiful, icy, blue wings. 
Tia stammered, "F-F-fairy--...?" She stood and stepped a bit closer. Micku was... No human... "You've... known this about yourself... All along? Where did you come from???" Vincent asked, astounded. Mickunae smirked, "I came from somewhere... Not even of this world... It's called Yeilia. It used to be peaceful... But my parents and big brother hid me in this world when war struck. I haven't heard from them in two years." Ramiro didn't say anything until he asked, "Wait, why hide you here...?? It's not like this world is peaceful by any means..." 
Mickunae sighed, "Ramiro, they sent me to this world, because the enemy doesn't know it exists... And couldn't survive in it anyway... They wouldn't know to hide their wings... They wouldn't know how to get food, money, etcetera. Luckily, I was specially taught these things... Just in case. " Vincent would narrow his eyes, "Why would the 'enemy' want you??" Micku blushed a bit at this, "Well, I hate admitting this. It feels way snobby. But I'm kinda.... Sorta...." Tia rolled her eyes, "Say it, d****t."  Mickunae looked around, clenched his eyes shut, and gave in, "I'm... The prince, okay? Now... Now shut up about it...!"
The others' eyes were dinner plates.  They stared for a moment, before Micku snapped his eyes open, "If anyone starts bowing, I'll freeze you so bad another Titanic will run into you and sink right here." 
Vincent smirked, "Okay, your royal pain in the highness." Micku rolled his eyes, but also stifled a snicker, "I like that... I might use that if I ever see my big brother again." Vincent would grin, only to have a snowball thrown at what remained of his coffee. "Eeyahh!!! Mickunae!!!!" Needless to say, it all ended up on Vincent.... But it was worth a laugh, unless you were Vincent, of course.
As morning came, there seemed to be peace. Enough so that Ramiro stepped outside, though he was greeted, not by the sun, but a middle aged woman screaming as soon as she saw him and running away, "M-Ma'am???" He asked, concerned for the poor lady.  When he couldn't see where she went, he made his way back into the hotel, where he was greeted by people staring and some glaring. Men protecting their wives... The man at the front desk on the phone, quickly covering it up when Ramiro approached, "Sir...? Is... What's going on....??" Ramiro asked, discomforted by the people in the room...
The man stammered, "I-Ah-Uhm.... N-Nothing! Nothing! Have a great stay..!!!!" the man greeted Ramiro with a nervous grin.  Ramiro tilted his head "I... O... Kay...? You, too??" The man's face paled and he nervously grinned some more. Ramiro began to head to his room with Tia, and Tia poked her head out the door, "Ramiro...! " she'd gesture him to come. Nash, Kiyoshi, Tang Mi, Mikio, and Milo were on their way, too. As were Vincent and a wings-hidden Mickunae.  When Ramiro entered the room, he couldn't believe his eyes...
A man was wanted in Oregon. That man was.. Him??? For murder??? "What...?" Ramiro was totally confused, "There's got to be some mistake..." Tia nodded to this, "Ya think? You were with us the whole time... " Ramiro looked shocked, so bad he looked like he was about to tear up, "I'm... A wanted man...?" Micku bit his lip, "If only I had my diplomatic power here... We have to set this strai--" Knock, knock. 
Vincent began to go for the door, but Tia stopped him...  "I'll get it.... " She peeped through the peep-hole. "... Hello...?" A big voice came through, "Police. We have a warrant for the arrest of a murderer." Tia would open the door being polite, but answered, "Officer, there's been some kind of mistake..."  The officer seemed a bit shocked by the woman's height, but shook his head, "Sorry, ma'am. I have no proof he's not forcing anyone to say this..." The officer would pass her, but Kiyoshi, Mikio, Nash, and Tang Mi would all begin protesting at once. They, too, claimed there was some mistake, as did Micku and Vincent. They all knew Ramiro couldn't have done it! 
Ramiro himself spoke, "Officer, I did NOT--" The officer interrupted, "You have the right to remain silent, young man. Everything you say can and will be used against you-" Tia spoke up again, "He didn't do it!" The second officer finally spoke up, "Ma'am, unfortunately we have to prove him innocent. If he's innocent, he'll be safely released back to you.  But for now, he has to be contained. He's innocent until proven guilty, but this is a protective measure. Consider yourselves rescued from being slaughtered yourselves!"  
Ramiro couldn't even muster words as he was cuffed, and brought out. All he could say was, "Tia, it'll be okay... Just... Protect the others...?" The officer pushed him along, "What, so you can butcher them next? Get a move on!" Ramiro felt this like a sting, and wanted to cry as he was bought into the lobby, cuffed and being pushed, while people applauded. Last night, he was being applauded as a rocke n' roll hero. Now, he was being shamed... For something he didn't do??  He was moved into the police car, pictures being taken of him, people spitting at him. And he could only hang his head, attempting to bend underneath the window's opening. 
Tia, for hours, could not be calmed. She was in shock. So much so that Micku had to turn off the TV for her. A concerned hotel manager knocked on the door, "Are you folks alright? I heard you were being held hostage by that horrible killer...!" Kiyoshi opened the door to the old man, with a glare. The old man had come with comfort foods, "It isn't much, but..." At this Tia finally broke down, unlike anyone had seen her do before. Kiyoshi, frowned, "We... We appreciate the kind offer, sir. " He'd give the old man a smile. He knew it was an offering with good intent... Just as the person who'd called on Ramiro probably meant more good than harm... 
Milo finally began to sign something to Mikio, when Kiyoshi politely accepted the tray of comfort foods, since the old man simply insisted, and thanked him.  Mikio spoke for his older brother, "Guys... Milo says it'd be wise to stop the tour for a little bit. We can't just... Go without Ramiro."  Milo kind of looked nervous, but his brothers oddly enough agreed.  "Should we just.... Let the people who're going know there's a delay...??" Nash asked. 
Milo would take Nash's hand, put it to his own cheek, and nod.  Kiyoshi turned the TV back on... it was already being reported that the Starstreamers and another bunch were being held hostage by this man. Then it moved to the footage of the bassist being stuffed into the car, and Tia nearly screeched, "Turn that off, I can't watch...!!!" Nash snipped, "Kiyoshi, turn. it. OFF."  Kiyoshi did so, "Sorry, I just had a feeling..." 
The day progressed slowly, and without a word until the phone rang, anda rather moody TangMi answered, "Yes, who is it?..... Grams??? Gramps?? No, no, we're okay. We- "
"I heard y'all were being held hostage!" an old, southern man was nearly screaming in panic. An elderly woman could be heard from behind him. 
"No, no... It was a mistake, Gramps... Listen, please..." TangMi started, getting a strict,
"Alright, boy, I'm listening. Shotgun in my hand, mind-ya." the old man said.
"Gramps... Ramiro did nothing of the sort. He couldn't have, he was with us when this happened. He never left our sights. "
"Tang--"
"Have I ever lied to you about something serious, Gramps....?"
"S'pose not. So, you're telling me, they've arrested an innocent man?" 
"Yes...!" 
"...Get yer asses home." 
Tang Mi looked shocked, "Wha-...?" Gramps responded, just as Tang turned on speaker-phone. "Get yer asses home... The other guys, too. If he's found innocent, we'll go get him. If he's not, he ain't gonna know where to find y'all. Y'all can continue with your music when ya know for sure. " Tia spoke, "But sir, he needs us when--"
"Little missy. I understand yer concerns, but I wanna make sure y'all are safe. Ya got two youngun's, and my boys, and there's a killer on the loose. Y'all need to be safe. If my boys say he's innocent, I believe 'em. But there was still a couple murdered up there. Y'all can still call up there and they'll let ya speak to 'im. But y'all can't be in danger like that." Gramps spoke to her. Grams piped, "My babies, please come home...!"
Tia looked a bit upset, but stood her ground, "Let us find out about his court-date. If it's farther away than three days, we'll come. If not, at least I want to be there for him." Vincent piped, "Me, too! He's taken care of me like his own brother."  Micku nodded, "Me, too. " Nash, finally piping in, spoke, "It would be wrong to just leave him in a time like this. Gramps, Grams. I'm sorry, but... I'll have to stand my ground and be there."
There was a long, nerve-wrecking pause, but Gramps finally agreed, "You're right, Nash. And you have a heart of gold to be there for him, even if all the odds are against him. Your grams and I... We just're worried. " Gramps sounded a bit choked up, but on his end, he actually had a soft smile on his features. He didn't raise his boys to run away from a problem. He taught them to fix it. Even if all they could do was try. He almost couldn't believe he'd tried to get them to run and hide... He should've known better. It made him proud, really, to see his boys step up. Even if he himself didn't agree. His wife stood behind him, wiping her tears and taking a deep breath. "Boys, listen to me..." Grams would speak.
The Starstreamer boys perked and listened, "You've all become strong young men. But do something for me, and call us at night... You're still our babies. We're going to worry, but knowing you're safe will be enough to keep us satisfied. Be good, and be safe. "  Grams spoke. Kiyoshi was next to speak, "We will. And... Once this is all over, we'll take a break and come home for a bit. We'll need it, and heaven knows poor Ramiro will."  The others nodded, some of the Starstreamers already daydreaming of home. The call was ended after some more conversation and discussion...
Tia, in need of comfort asked, "What's your home like.... Where is it?" Tang Mi answered, "Well, it's pretty far from here... It's a bit northwest of Houston, nestled in the sticks. You take a dirt road, to our family's seven-acre ranch... It's hot at times, but all year, plants are vibrant and colorful. Someone's always pulling off a barbecue somewhere, and it's so quiet..." Tia would listen, trying to imagine this place...
Mikio continued for his brother, "All you can see for miles around are trees. We start out the day early. Grams, who LOVES to cook, makes a wonderful breakfast, and Gramps smokes his pipe. We eat up, get our fill, and go feed the animals, clean up their pens, and let the cows outside. We bathe whichever critter needs it, while Gramps and Milo tend to the crops." It was now Nash's turn, "We treat every animal with kindness. Most of them are rescues from bad places. It's sad that mankind can be so horrid to animals... I can't always do much, but I know they lay around me when I play for them.  "
Kiyoshi continued, "We tend to the whole ranch all day, from the chickens to the appearance of it. then we end the day by having dinner, and relaxing, often playing music together before we round up the animals to their places and let them enjoy their evening as we enjoy the rest of ours." Tia had her eyes closed, trying to imagine this place, and a small smile cracked on her features, "Ramiro would love it... Such humble roots for a bunch of rock stars like yourselves." It was true, but maybe that's where the boys learned not to boast about their fame.

© 2017 MotleyMelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on November 7, 2017
Last Updated on November 7, 2017
Tags: friends, family, glam, 80's, fantasy, rock, metal, hairband, band, Vincent, Tia, Mickunae, Nash, Ramiro, Kiyoshi, TangMi, Mikio, Milo, bass, guitar, drums, singer, rockstar, fairy, angel, mer

Author

MotleyMelly
MotleyMelly

Casper, WY



About
I'm no professional,however, I always have new ideas brewing! My fiction universes are huge, with many characters, and my mind never stops coming up with new ideas for them! I was born in the 90's,.. more..

Writing