Thank God

Thank God

A Poem by Mr. Lopez
"

This piece might sound a little preachy but I have recently been exploring my spirituality and have written a few pieces based on this subject.Soul searching can stir the creative jiuces in us all, I think.

"

 

 

 

 

Thank God

 

From the ashes of my tattered world he did come to me. With a smile he took my hand. A smile that said “my son, I have been waiting for you.”  He took me to a place that I thought never existed. A place of peace and love that I could not find before. I wasn’t ready until now. With open arms and unmatched love he gave to me the gift of hope and forgiveness. To let go of the past and open my eyes to the future. An open door to the possibilities of his gifts for me. Not to be taken for granted but to be appreciated for what they are. Gifts of life and love. We all take for granted these gifts that he bestows upon us but should be giving thanks instead. He knows my heart and feels my pain. I have faith that he will never turn his back on me as so many have before. He will keep me from temptation and carry me to the place that I belong. He knows that I will fall as I have before and he will be there to pick me up again. As long as I keep my door open to him and ask him to give me the strength to continue when I feel as if I can’t go on. In my darkest hour he was there for me. There will no doubt be dark hours in the days to come and he will be there for me then too. He did not lift me from the ashes to destroy me but to rebuild my heart instead. To show me that in his light there is nothing in this world that can break me.  He has forgiven me for my sins as I forgave those who have hurt me and for that I am thankful. From the ashes comes a better man then ever before I could have imagined. I will walk with him forever more and he will again grant me gifts that will not be taken for granted. This time.

 

© 2008 Mr. Lopez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I didn't find this preachy at all...its a personal testimony
if god saves you, he saves you
and there's nothing wrong with telling the world that
if "he" made you happy then, he might make alot of other people happy
personally i'm not religious, but i will admit...i find that 100% of my strength comes from the Lord himself

i think how you expressed your "catharsis" was excellent =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

AMEN! This is a beautiful and heartfelt testimony. Thank you for writing this and sharing it. AWESOME!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very beautiful testimony of reaching out and finding the Lord. The feelings and emotions you expressed made this a most pleasant read, one that touched my heart and soul. Thanks for sharing a part of you. PW

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not much of a "religious" person myself, but i can't see the harm in believing and I think it's a good thing for those who choose to believe... we all need a helping hand from time to time and purpose for/in life.. however we find this i can't see it as a bad thing. I am glad you have found something that makes you whole. Even to a nonbeliever your words are inspirational

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Preachy this is not. To discover the Highest friendship is the most wonderful sensation in the world. To know you've someone to turn to in both bad and good times is like having a permanent bandage at hand. In return you keep faith, remain unselfish and enjoy what there is to be enjoyed in life, cos life is what we were given by that wonderfuly Friend.

Great post, thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Mr. Lopez,

First of all, thank you for reviewing one of my poems - you were my first reviewer! and i appreciate that soooo much...

Now, on to your poem, i read it and i loved it. it gives great hope to those of us who may have gone through some dark times, and even yet more dark times to come. also, it gives us time to celebrate for you and your personal journey toward peace. i am glad to know there is someone out there who has been able to find peace!

But still, like others have said, it is not preachy at all. it is about your own personal experience and doesn't try to convert anyone, unless they are themselves open to the message.

I think i will read this one a few times more :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great, fantasitc poem. I really enjoyed to read it because I, too, am a very religious person. I love to read poems or stories from people who likes to put their faith and heart into it. It was amazing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is a wonderful piece of personal transformation of the soul. It is you baring all of yourself of who you were and now are...how it happened...and how grateful you are for this rebirth of life and your faith that what was hard to sustain before will not be so again. This is what you say of your newfound conviction to your renewed life, heart and soul. Nothing preachy about speaking of the self. Take care!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The testimony of what God has done in our lives speaks more deeply than a multitude of preachers .

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is good. It really got to me, and made me think. I myself have been searching vaugley. I'm still young yet, but I know what I feel. God, heaven, Satan and hell. I know they are there. The religous side not so much. But it makes me smile and so filled with joy to know that others are finding faith! it was a great read! you've got a talent for writing!

God bless!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Doesn't seem preachy to me, just an upfront, honest statement as to how God has affected your life. Not too big a fan of him myself, personal reasons for that. But, I have seen a lot of my friends who have found new life through Him. glad to see it's working for you, and I hope your faith stays strong.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

856 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 19, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2008

Author

Mr. Lopez
Mr. Lopez

Chandler, AZ



About
I was born in Texas October of 1966. Raised in California where i fell in love with music and art. I came from a large , poor family where the most valuable thing we ownwed was our love for each other.. more..

Writing
No Worries No Worries

A Poem by Mr. Lopez


Confused Confused

A Poem by Mr. Lopez



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet