My Emotional Conviction

My Emotional Conviction

A Story by MrARKY89
"

Here, I lay out my conviction in regards to emotion and my indifference towards positive psychology.

"

When I am with good company, I become Happy.
When I am missing something, I become Sad.
When a person makes an enemy out of his/herself, I become Angry.
When something threatens my life, I become Fearful.
When nothing is in my way, I become Relaxed.
When I am sure of the outcomes of a goal, I become Brave.
When the cat just laid a deuce on the floor, I become Disgusted.



That is because I am human, something that the Individual/Community, Man/Woman, Salesman/Artist, etcetera kinds can relate to. Why would you want to take that away, the very thing that separates us as organic beings from computers? Why shan't Emotion have a place by the side of Logic?



Emotion and Passion do not exist to be inherently and innately destructive. Keep your robotic, "subjective happiness". For when the day I do receive Happiness, the way it was meant to be received, it will be purer than any kind of "happiness" that you have to offer me.

© 2016 MrARKY89


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on September 30, 2016
Last Updated on September 30, 2016
Tags: conviction, opinion, philosophy

Author

MrARKY89
MrARKY89

Hallsville, TX



About
What is there to say. I've just started posting chapters of my story Color Me in Serenity on FicitionPress. I signed up here, because a friend had told me about the site and I'm here to check it out. more..

Writing
Act I, Chapter I Act I, Chapter I

A Chapter by MrARKY89