After Life

After Life

A Story by Max Natanek
"

A day in the life of a ghost. Just a little vignette....

"
Death isn't all it's cracked up to be. When I died, I assumed my afterlife was going to be like they show on tv, or in that Patrick Swayze movie. Well I can tell you all now, it's all a bald faced lie. You don't get to haunt people. You can't cause objects to move with your mind, and you definitely can't communicate with the living. I know that last bit for sure, since I've been trying to do it for almost three years. What I think is funny is that people just assume we're here for a purpose, because we've got "unfinished business" or regrets, or some crap. The only regret I have is that on the day I died, I didn't charge my ipod. If I had at least done that, I would've had some music to accompany me during my after life, and some fun apps. Instead here I am today, lurking around my hometown of Hinsdale, spying on old friends and families going about their life, music-less and shabbily dressed. Everyone seems to have forgotten me. Even my parents don't visit my grave every week like they used to. That's the worst part of being dead, you see your memory fading to nothing, and there isn't a damned thing you can do about it. 

© 2011 Max Natanek


Author's Note

Max Natanek
what do you think? I want to add a little, but don't know if I should.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it's just about perfect, the short bit about the 'fun apps' seemed a little out of place for me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, I like how you wrote this : "When I died, I assumed my afterlife was going to be like they show on tv, or in that Patrick Swayze movie. Well I can tell you all now, it's all a bald faced lie." I don't know but it put me in a frame of mind to what's coming next. I think you should add a little bit more to it, like the person's name and how they died. Other then that great job.!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, this is a powerful yet short story. Keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 19, 2011

Author

Max Natanek
Max Natanek

Chicago, IL



About
I'm a pretty Swell guy if you'd ask me, who's got way too much to say to fit into normal conversation. Hence, I choose writing! more..

Writing
Telephone Telephone

A Story by Max Natanek