Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by HadesRising

I tore off to the creek and reached it quickly. I began digging into bushes and brush looking for the body. I looked be hind me and saw johnny was gone. I didn't think about it much though, I was to scared to think. The suddenly I was frozen. unable to move or close my eyes as sceenes from my life flashed in front of me, birthdays holidays, weddings, funerals, first day of schoo., I could feel hot tears burning down my cheeks, I yelled to nothing, air. And I was gone. Gone.

I opened my eyes and saw johnny hovering over me. I stood and silence and we started walking, to where I know not. Am I dead? I kept wondering. "Johnny, am I dead?" It was more of a statement the a question, but I said it so quietly i wasn't sure he heard it.Apparently he did because he shushed me, but was gently nodding his head. Finally he began to speak. "You came close, but....," his voice trailed off and came in at a different spot, "now you have to try and save people from the curse too." A never ending loop, I thought. I wasn't the only one. There was the people he tried to save, and the people they tried to save, and the people they tried to save. A never ending loop. Why couldn't I of lived? Because life is gold, and nothing gold can stay.

"Natures first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold,

Her early leaf's a flower,

But only so an hour,

Then leaf subsides to leaf,

So eden sank to grief,

The dawn goes down to day,

Nothing gold can stay.


© 2019 HadesRising


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on July 12, 2019
Last Updated on July 12, 2019


Author

HadesRising
HadesRising

London, United Kingdom



About
The cruelty wrought between lines of despair is but one with my own labored heart Favorite Poets/Writers Dani Filth, Jim Butcher, Kevin Hearne, Tolkien, more..

Writing
ADDICTED ADDICTED

A Poem by HadesRising