Deny The Urge

Deny The Urge

A Poem by Mr Whiskers

I just want to lay down and be consumed. I just want to crawl under the blanket, under the table, under a rock. I want emptiness so I can fill it up with these unsorted connections, with these emotions that ache and stab, with the deluge of images I keep pushing back and back and back.
I want to scream until blood pours from my throat. I want to pull away from friends, close up my life even from family and those so near, to disappear from society and become only a prop of life.
I want to freeze myself in a moment that already passed me by, just to stay.

© 2010 Mr Whiskers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... excruciating ... brilliantly composed and rendered ... "prop of life" ... is sheer genius with words ... "I want to freeze myself in a moment that already passed me by, just to stay." ... is so amazingly deep, dark and profound ... yet ... i'd say ... sometimes isolation is not a curse ... for me ... personally ... it's an aspiration ... makes me the master of my own time ... somehow ... ensuring that i rule in the little space that i guard and own ... but i know that for some people it doesn't work ... anyway ... this is an amazingly well-written and thought-provoking write ... 100/100 ...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 28, 2010
Last Updated on May 28, 2010

Author

Mr Whiskers
Mr Whiskers

New Albany, IN



About
I'm 22yrs old, a redheaded female living in southern Indiana. I have a 5yr old daughter Ellie and 3yr old daughter Emma, and my life is getting better now that I have returned to the Love of my life. .. more..

Writing