The Fire In My Soul Exposed

The Fire In My Soul Exposed

A Poem by The Elusive Mr Dunne

"The Fire In My Soul Exposed"

No council will house me, and my family resent me/
Everyday I feel lousy, and on the inside I'm empty
Except for the rage that I feel, towards all of them/
Who were supposed to be close, to this thorn with a pen
If I could reborn again, I'd definitely call in sick/
From the beginning to the end, I've had to forge to exist
If it wasn't for my dog, I swear I'd call it quits/
Tired of calling for a God, whenever I'm falling to bits
I'd slit my wrist just to feel, some kind of release from this world/
As since a kid all I could feel, was a disease and it's real
I had to reveal what they done, and for that I went to jail/
Nearly killed by my mum, I took to rap to prevail 
Like the snail and the tortoise, I was aHead like the Hare/
Until the pale got nautious, and called the Fed for warfare 
With this head in despair, I'm more than prepared to go home/
And when I'm gone from here, they can have my poetry throne.

Copyright 2021 The Elusive Mr Dunne (All rights reserved)

© 2022 The Elusive Mr Dunne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dude this is great. Big fan, Thank you!

Posted 2 Years Ago


They say all good songwriters must suffer for their art, so if suffering is what started your writing, then writing about it should help to get it out, and to get over it; time will help there, too. As far as God is concerned, I've heard that God helps those who help themselves, not those who are always asking for something. --- But, hey, what do I know? I grew up in a housing project without a father and worked from the age of 14. Keep your head down and your hopes high.

Posted 2 Years Ago


a burning write. for some reason this read like a declaration of independence to me. i don't think there is much worse in this life than feeling betrayed. to live and care is to be vulnerable. deeply felt ... :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


A lot of life, a lot of struggle in these words my friend. You made the reader feel and understand your words and thoughts. Hello from cold, windy and chilly Michigan. Thank you for sharing your worthwhile and amazing words.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


I didn't read much. You are in hell a state of mind not a place that is part of the defunct Fairytale of Sin. Flee before it consumes you and you like Satan whom you love live only in a fairytale that is sealed in heaven a seal that only Jesus can open but probably never will for the only reason to open it is on the remote chance we may need Satan and those of the fairytale for some extremely remote reason. But with the only hope of actually living not to mention living life to the fullest being forever is a long time and most anything that can happen will eventually. Take heart I have killed Satan and he bargained with Jesus to be placed in the fairytale always living never true in the end to anyone even you who worship him by your pathetic writings. You are insane. Do not share such feeling flee them. Submit to Christ rather than the star of a emre fairytale. Bwah-ha -ha -ha -ha!!!!! It'a either that or cry foreve. But there is an end to your pathetic tears. Yes, even that in fairytale Satan.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I think this is really good. No wonder you say "I took to rap to prevail". You have a talent for rhythmical melodic poetry and I hear it here. The poem, "The Fire in My Soul Exposed", is very dark, full of anger, but it also is very moving and - I really like it. By the way I'm happy to hear of your dog, like a bright spot of positivity..

Posted 2 Years Ago


D#%*, Dude! If I didn't know know better I'd think I was reading a suicide note! Bummer! I mean, I know anger. I know it's power. But man, This reads like a soul consumed.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2022
Last Updated on February 15, 2022
Tags: Personal, struggles, Depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, Family, Betrayal, Sad, Poetry, Rap, Dog

Author

The Elusive Mr Dunne
The Elusive Mr Dunne

London, South East, United Kingdom



About
[Updated] 10/12/2023 RIP, To The Love Of My Life, Melanie Parr xxx #PfizerKilledMySoulmate (03.01.66-21.02.23) Mr Dunne Poetry (Crown Court Censored Poet) ➡ Jailed for Poetry (2008).. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Nirvana Nirvana

A Poem by Hebe