In tempore quo versaris

In tempore quo versaris

A Chapter by Sierra Ann
"

"Within time you live"

"
'I know not from what distant Time
Thou art ever coming nearer to meet me.
Thy sun and stars can never keep thee hidden from me for aye.

In many a morning and eve thy footsteps have been heard
And thy messenger has come within my heart and called me in secret.

I know not only why today my life is all astir,
And a feeling of tremulous joy is passing through my heart.

It is as if Time were come to wind up my work,
And I feel in the air a faint smell of thy sweet presence.’
- Rabindranath Tagore, Distant Time
It was raining. That’s the first thing that came to my mind as I stood in front of her house. The white paint glowed brilliantly against the dreary skies as the roof shingles shook against the downpour. I had been waiting for this moment for a millenium- no, more than that and all I could think to say was how f*****g cold I was. I scoffed at my idiocy and stared at my steel toed boots, torn between myself. The downpour slipped off my shoulders like a whale’s back, leaving my black trench coat smelling of wet leather. What the hell do I say? Hi, you don’t know me, but I’m your lover from over a few generations ago. Coffee?
I shook my head, strands of ebony hair sticking to my sullen face. No, that wouldn’t go over well- not at all. If she was anything like the first time I saw her after the accident, she’d call me crazy and possibly strike me down with lightening. I just never knew what’d she do sometimes. Shifting my attention, the aquamarine grass in front of me glistened like jewels from the weather while the cement under me made a plit plat noise. Memories flitted through my love drunk mind, flashing by in sporadic intervals:
Amy Collins, 1565, screaming bloody murder and fainting at the sight of me at three in the morning.
Brianna Niedle, 1786, shooting herself in the head when I came knocking on her doorstep.
Annette Lynn, 1865, unleashing her Confederate husband on me before hanging herself.
All of them, somehow, in some distant way, had been her- but they hadn’t been as strong as she was, as understanding as she was, as fascinating and beautiful and smart and funny... They just weren’t her. I closed my auburn eyes for a moment, trying to steady myself. My nostrils flared as I inhaled a shaky breath, the frost-bitten air burning my nose. 

Don’t cut loose, Wrath. God forbid, out of all the things you could do to f**k this up, don’t lose control. Exhaling a breath between crusty lips, my legs of lead pushed open the white-picket fence and lead me to her front door. If Adam was right, it’d really be her this time- not some cheap imitation of something that was beyond humanity’s comprehension. No, it’d be her- it had to be. I don’t know if I’d be able to live another hundred or so years without her if it weren’t.
I hadn’t even realized I rang the doorbell until the doorknob was turning. For some reason, every time I’m at the door and I’m about to see her, my heart still thuds- hard. It’s like having a boulder thrown at your chest that sends you soaring through the air and before you know it, you’re flying. You can feel the wings of your emotions keeping you from plummeting to your death and the air that is holding you steady is the idea of finally getting back that piece you lost so long ago. It’s still the scariest s**t to ever happen to me.
The air was punched out of my lungs as the door swung open. This was it. It’s going to be her. I couldn't possibly tell you how I knew it was her, my other half, standing on the other side of that door. I just knew. It was in the way my palms ached for the need to touch her, to caress her, and pull her into me in the most innocent sense of the act. I needed her in a way she could never possibly need me- it went beyond the realms of man. My breath seemed to stop solid in my throat and choke me, when she stood in the door way. Looking just as she had in the beginning of time was Cleo November Addison.
Or should I say Pandora.


© 2011 Sierra Ann


Author's Note

Sierra Ann
This is something I have been thinking about writing for the past couple of weeks and just finally got the courage to actually start. So be honest, but not brutal, and tell me what you think! :) Also, whatever you may be confused about on this will either be explained later or you can just ask me!
Stay golden!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love what you've got flowing here! It's full of images that hook the reader. Events that make one one to keep reading and know more about where the story may go. I really enjoyed how descriptive it was. It made for easy visualization of what you were crafting into being.

Great Ink!
Wolfie

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love what you've got flowing here! It's full of images that hook the reader. Events that make one one to keep reading and know more about where the story may go. I really enjoyed how descriptive it was. It made for easy visualization of what you were crafting into being.

Great Ink!
Wolfie

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2011
Tags: wrath, pandora, rain, mystery, suspense, love


Author

Sierra Ann
Sierra Ann

Canada



About
Hello there! I'm Sierra. I've been writing for four, maybe five years now and only hope to get better with time. I love any type of book- you name it, I'll either write about it or read about it. I'm .. more..

Writing
Terminal Terminal

A Poem by Sierra Ann