A Night of Starlights

A Night of Starlights

A Story by Mundayk
"

A very short and simple paragraph of mysteriously horrifying...

"

A Night of Starlights;

 

It was a dark and gloomy day, in the distance, you could hear the rain pounding on the old shabby shed, the wind, howling through its many holes. A sudden scream had me swinging around the flashlight, frantically looking for someone, something in the darkness. I tasted dirt moments later, having tripped on the old broken tombstone that’s been long since forgotten. Cursing I return to my feet, spitting and trying desperately to clean off what mud I could see. In the distance, one could see the dimness of candlelight’s, with more screaming from behind I begin my quick approach to the lights. As I approach, the sounds of chatter becomes clearer, the sound of chanting becomes clearer. Figures begin to emerge in the darkness as one by one people begin raising their candlelight’s in the sky. Humming and staring in daze into the night sky, louder and louder. Faster and faster. I stared at their open mouthed humming when the air behind me began to change, the hair amidst my neck stood as I felt the warmth of another’s breath upon my skin. Hastily my mind began spinning the reasons to turn and look but my body did not respond, moments past as I stood fossilized in my place, my eyes catching the movement of casted shadows at my feet, the movement from the corner of my eye as hands reached for me, closer, closer until I turned in a furry to face the unknown person, muffling my scream as their hands locked around my shoulders. “Easy mate, you looked a little lost there. You ready the shows about to start” my friend laughed, pulling me under his arm as we walked behind the stage to begin singing the many carols I could not wait to get through and go home to a warm, welcoming bed before Santa drowns my tree of every present my mind could think of…

 

The End

© 2012 Mundayk


Author's Note

Mundayk
This is just a paragraph I wrote for a Writing Challenge on another site

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on August 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012
Tags: Short story, Graveyard, Horror, Twisted Ending

Author

Mundayk
Mundayk

Penrith, Australia



About
Hobby: Writing, Dancing & Computers Location: NSW Australia Relationship: Complicated I like to paragraph whatever I write, that way it doesn't look to clustered, which I know from experience.. more..

Writing
My Wild Rose My Wild Rose

A Poem by Mundayk


Child's Play Child's Play

A Chapter by Mundayk