The Relevance of Letting Go

The Relevance of Letting Go

A Poem by Kelly Scheppers

The Relevance of Letting Go

 

 

 

how like the trees

we are…

their stoic nature

teaching us the relevance

of letting go.

© 2022 Kelly Scheppers


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so profound and very thought provoking

Posted 8 Months Ago


Kelly Scheppers

8 Months Ago

Thank you most kindly, Cassie!
Much like us trees live in cycles. However, as you have pointed out they are considerably smarter. They have learned the importance of letting go.

If life is little more than a changing of a thousand seasons, you have unearthed a truth that could be valuable to all of us. Well done :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


This is so stoic and true and a philosophy of Buddhism. It's all about letting go of the ego.

Well done.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Your opinion is one I hold in the highest esteem. Thank you, Linda!
Much truer than otherwise. Very important to let go of deadly weights just so freshen up. Kelly, you are deep in thoughts.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Thank you for your visit today, Akoto. Very nice to meet you!
at first my thought was: how like trees we could be. Then, in my quiet moment of zen contemplation, I recognized you are right Kelly. We are like trees, if we wish to be, we can let go of all or irrelevancies.

lovely poem, very very contemplative

ken

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

I've come to appreciate those moments of zen contemplation. Thank you most kindly, Ken!
I walked many days and woods when I was younger, studying the language of the leaves changing their direction to either let in the tears of the sky or the light of nourishment from the sun. I learned to know the first signs of seasons, the stillness before each storm, and its signature thereafter. The soft-handled allowance they bowed to every feather and wing of song that came to build its nest or sing of ballad. I don't know if we are, or rather are not as soft the soul as trees, but the lessons learned were welcomed and deeper than any quality offered by experience in way of light or suggested wisdom. In this you've taken me back to a time when I sat beneath both sun and rain, wild in their kind shelter and gifts in patience, holding their willingness and connection with a welcomed silence that I still hear to this day Never a disappointment in your poems Kelly. Thanks for sharing!..much appreciated and a Happy New Year!! Joseph~

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Simply reading this aloud to myself, brought both a chill and a tear to my eyes. My younger brother .. read more
Very wise words are these. Thanks for helping me to think today of letting go of things. Its time.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Many blessings to you, Frankie. Thank you for the joy you bring!
The shortness of your writing belies the beauty it contains. Thank you, Kelly.

Take care - Dave

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

What a lovely thing to say! Thank you most kindly, Dave!
And you do it again. Philosophy Cliff Notes. Ha.
I enjoyed the read and subsequent thoughts.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

The pleasure is mine. Thank you most kindly!
Wow, beautifully simple...I love this one!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Kelly Scheppers

1 Year Ago

Much obliged, Toni. And welcome to my page!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
31 Reviews
Added on November 28, 2022
Last Updated on November 28, 2022
Tags: letting go, loss, resilience

Author

Kelly Scheppers
Kelly Scheppers

San Diego, CA



About
I was never a pearl kind of girl... always wore jeans with holes in the knees. more..

Writing