Your Pain

Your Pain

A Poem by Cassiopia Summers
"

This was also written in 9th grade, haha, and yes it is a memory of Freddie

"

You're standing there silently looking at the sky with a grim look upon your face.

All I want to do is take you in my arms, steal away the pain.

I see in your eyes the pain,

your heart should be healing, but everyday it breaks a little more.

Again I want to comfort you, hold you in my arms, kiss the pain away.

The longing grows until I begin reaching toward you, but then you look my way and I quickly drop my arm.

As I look into your eyes, I see your longing. Your longing to hold me, to be with me, but you are held back by your past feelings.

I reach forward and hold your face in my hands wiping away your flowing tears.

You open your eyes, and wrap your arms around me.

I just whisper it's okay, I know she, my best friend, broke your heart.

I wish that I could make the hurt stop, but it's too hard for you to let go, and I understand.

© 2010 Cassiopia Summers


Author's Note

Cassiopia Summers
True story. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It made me cry. Beautifully written. Loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very touching, loving poem for a friend hurting. The hesitation first, the longing on both sides, then the comforting comes. Very nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice to have someone there to help...nice emotion filled piece, one that everyone can relate to. Rock on, I liked this Tucson.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You've conveyed some powerful emotions here. I think it's amazing to look back on what you were feeling in 9th grade because sometimes it seems so long ago.
Cool write. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful. Can I have a tissue? Your heart is so raw and open here... I can do nothing but bow to it's resonance. It echoes straight through my heart and rebounds off of the confines of my essence. Thank you again for the beauty that you create in such a desolate culture.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010
Tags: tears, crying, crush, pain, heartbreak, love, poetry

Author

Cassiopia Summers
Cassiopia Summers

Tucson, AZ



About
Lets get to know each other. :) To start, I think music reveals to us the person within, so here are some of my favorite songs because of their lyrics. Sixx A.M. - Skin Paramore - The Only Ex.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Remix Remix

A Poem by Moflo