-Zendalko Meets A Zephyr-

-Zendalko Meets A Zephyr-

A Story by Erudite
"

(A short clip of a story) He's a powerful and respected wizard from Pragmana, and he thought his greatest adventures were behind him.

"
     A short while after playing my part for in winning the Civil War the Pragmate Union, I'd completed work on my famous levitating home over Druk'al Bay, where I'd planned to settle down. The events that followed, however, put those plans to rest and lead me to Cloud City, a place more glorious and beautiful than anywhere I've been before or since. My name is Zendalko Behruvin, and these are my stories from my time in Cloud City, about which I've never spoken before.
I remember it so clearly. I was out sipping a strong fairy dust tea on the wraparound balcony of my floating home, leaning on the aged balcony railing which was coated in a sublime red paint. The house was an incredibly expensive thing to build, might I add. The rune crystals that levitate the mansion in the air cost 95,000 ferrin by themselves, not to mention the wages I paid the crew for securing them to the ocean floor. It's really a pity that my visitors are never accurate in their estimation of the home's worth, given how marvelous of a design it is. I ought to consider architecture as a retirement plan. But I digress. Anyways, a warm breeze was playing with my hair and I was admiring the beauty that lay upon my home's surroundings, when I looked up and noticed a wind spirit gliding down towards me.
        As one might imagine, these entities of air aren't easy things to see. They're only given away by flowing white trails moving by their own accord in the sky, and not with the breeze. On any other occasion, and like any other man, I'd have been alarmed at seeing the sudden approach of such a spirit, but I could tell this other-worldly gust was benevolent, being that its contrails and dust motes danced about with a frenetic whimsy, whereas a spirit of bitterness would leave behind heavy air wafting downward in its wake. The Zephyr cheerfully flew down to me from high above, toppling over itself on its way, and, when it came within a kissing's distance, time slowed down. 

It passed quickly through me, grabbing ahold of my soul and whisking me out my skin to join it as passenger on its evening sky-lit joyride. The wind spirit had an overwhelming personality, to say the least. It wouldn't settle for a mere traipse about the clouds. No. It insisted on tight turns, barrel rolls, and white-knuckle sharp dives, as if a more turbulent and nausea-inducing flight might translate to a greater gift bestowed upon me, its chosen human. I decided it was best to humor the naive Zephyr's reckless attempts at impressing and exciting me. Perhaps I was the first human it'd blessed, I supposed. So, as much as I loathed those ludicrous flipping maneuvers, on account of the blood rushing to my stomach with every hairpin turn, I knew better than to count a fortune spirit's enthusiasm as a mark against it. Regardless, though, all that racing through the skies didn't make for an easy adjustment to my new phantom-like form. 
   "Say, how long will I be like this? Without a body, I mean." I asked the gust. 
   I tried touching my thumbs to my fingers, but, being comprised of only a grey ethereal outline and without skin, they simply passed through where they should have stopped. 
   "Leeet your countenaaance be troubled nooot." The white spirit breathed back. "Your cooorporeal form will be waaaiting." 
    We dived down low, then jetted over the ocean's surface at bulletspeed, blasting up splashes and mist in our wake while hot yellow sunlight sparkled through. The Zephyr's hyper-enthusiastic endeavors had won. I was in awe.
   "Good!" I yelled at the zephyr through our deafening acceleration. "Can't say I'm in a hurry to get back to my body! The thing always was a meaty hindrance. You know, it's not often I get a chance to fly alongside a wind spirit! Tell me, do you know how to get to the city above the clouds?"
     "Ahhh, yes I dooo. I'll take you there, if that is your wish." The Zephyr replied.

© 2021 Erudite


Author's Note

Erudite
please rate and review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on November 19, 2019
Last Updated on August 11, 2021
Tags: Poems, writing, vagueness

Author

Erudite
Erudite

Riverside, CA



About
Greetings, reader. Please do enjoy this music I've prepared for you, and don't be too bashful to take a peek at some of my writings. My poem titled "Ah, To Float in My Boat" is one of my personal .. more..

Writing