Untitled

Untitled

A Story by MusicLove93

I don't know what drew me to you. Hell, I might never know. But there was something about in your smile. A kind of broken beauty; a sadness I felt kin to. Something inside us both is broken and I felt I needed to be close to it. That maybe the coming together of two broken souls would fix the shattered pieces of us both. 
I want to see you smile. To feel your lips pressed to mine. To know you are mine and only mine. I know that that might not ever happen, I'm too broken, or maybe it you. Either way, I've accepted that this is fleeting. Because of that, I will cherish every stolen kiss, I will hold on to every touch, but I will not let myself fall too deeply into this. 
I will not let myself get lost in this, whatever the hell this even is. Because if I do, I may mistake this feeling of freedom for something more, and I just can't let myself feel that deeply again. The pain of love is too unbearable to handle anymore. 
So I will cover my heart with brick and mortar and I will steal my soul away from myself. I will not let myself go there again. And although your lips are soft as velvet and your touch sends fire through my body, I will not fall for you. Though your laugh is my favorite sound and your voice is my favorite song, I will not let you in. 
My walls are being built. My heart has hardened. I will not be broken by you.

© 2015 MusicLove93


Author's Note

MusicLove93
Probably not the best usage of grammar, but I was just letting it out. Let me know what you guys think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a one ... as love refers to ... lives in our highest thoughts ... the greatest ideal ... the most profound fascination ... but when he is here with us ... he is all thumbs with the physical nature of the human body. Perhaps its best that a part of him will always live in the ethereal. A lovely message ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

While reading this, every word stood out to me. Your emotions, your choice of words, how you strung them together... It all spoke to me in a way that almost seemed like an internal monologue of my own. Emotions and all...
I know my reviews aren't actually helpful, but at the very least I would like them to be somewhat inspiring. I like to let writers know that I enjoyed their work and that I connected with it in some way or another. That means a lot to me.
Thank you for sharing. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


This story felt so tragic. The heart deserves to find love, but I left not knowing
whether building those walls was the right decision or not. I guess that is the point
though. Love is a gamble and you show how vulnerable it can make us feel.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a one ... as love refers to ... lives in our highest thoughts ... the greatest ideal ... the most profound fascination ... but when he is here with us ... he is all thumbs with the physical nature of the human body. Perhaps its best that a part of him will always live in the ethereal. A lovely message ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...too late, I already am... after all.


Yes there are grammar issues and a missing word or two. It has more the "feel" of a poem than merely a short story - and as such it has more depth and impact.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2015
Last Updated on January 14, 2015

Author

MusicLove93
MusicLove93

Jefferson, OR



About
I've never really shared my writing with many people, never thought I was really any good I guess. But, I love writing and have been writing for forever. That and music and art are my passions. You wo.. more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by MusicLove93