When did People Get To Be So Cruel?

When did People Get To Be So Cruel?

A Poem by MusicLove93

Look all those people.

All those people talking.

They don't really know what they're talking about.

All they know is what they heard.

What they heard from the other kids in town.

Nobody knows what's true and what's false.

Nobody cares who's right and who's wrong.

Oh but if you really wanna to know,

sometimes, you need to take a deeper look.

Don't judge a story by the cover of the book.

When did people get to be so cruel?

Don't you know you're just making yourself look a fool?

You know it's bad when gossip becomes the truth.

Why are we so quick to believe a story without any proof?

 

Look at all those people.

All those people staring.

No one bothers to help the weird girl pick up her books.

Why should they be seen with her?

When they're so aware of how lame it would look?

Everyone knows bout the day she fell.

Or was she pushed? I couldn't tell.

Some kids took her glasses, just playing around.

She fell down the stairs and broke her arm.

They swear they never meant any harm.

When did people get to be so cruel?

Don't you know you're just making yourself look a fool?

You know it's bad when nobody bothers to even care.

If roles were swtiched, wouldn't you want someone to be there?

© 2011 MusicLove93


Author's Note

MusicLove93
Just playing around, writing out my thoughts and feelings again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

when i was in school there was a guy who was "mentally retarded." Can you believe they actually overtly stated it as such! He wore metal braces on his legs and was spastic when he walked and could not really speak, it was very slurred and had that tonal quality one associates with such a condition. Just imagine, "Hi Neil, we know you're mentally retarded but could you keep your saliva under control a little better." Inhumane beyond belief. One day i came out of class and found 5 or 6 kids surrounding him and taunting him. Who could attack a helpless disabled kid? I totally lost it and lit out after 5 guys, I wanted to kill them! A bloody nose, torn shirt and bunch of scratches later I helped the disabled guy up off the ground. He says, "You're my friend, I never had a friend before..." Imagine, we were in 5th Grade and he'd never had ONE friend. Kids can be cruel!

Your writing is real and conveys your point very well. I had not thought of that occurance in years, your write brought it back. Quite impacting. Excellent.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such a good write and the problem in it will always torture people no matter where they live.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amazing write...this is such a true issue in life great write

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AWESOME!! you know sometimes I just sit and watch and listen to whats going on around me and yes........... people are so full of sh*t!!!
awesome word play on this write!! nicely done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
tk
aww... this is a really wonderful poem showing the sad reality about most people. thoughts are beautifully expressed.. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
I just adore this form, wonderful poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is so touching! It's so sad what kids will do, even though God made us all equal. Reading this really made me think. I know that I probably judge people sometimes, hard as I try not to. Bullying is a disgrace, and this poem reflect that. "When did people get to be so cruel?" I totally agree.
Thanks for the amazing write! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow, I could say so much about this topic but I won't. I so agree with the write. It is so horrible to judge especially poke and pick until one is in tears. I wish I could hug you for such a brillant piece. I have always heard though, what goes around comes around. Bullying is just not called for. Thank you for such a wonderful felt piece, from someone who has been bullied all her life. : )

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this, bullying is something that is out of control and totally not necessary...I wrote a poem on the same subject.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good written poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aw, I loved this! This really reminds me of a movie called Gossip with Kate Hudson and Joshua Jackson. You should watch it, it's kind of about a group of college kids who start a rumor to track it and see if it come become the truth.

One quote from that movie has always stuck with me. "Gossip is fun." It's a scary thought because we're all guilty of it. Sometimes we want to believe the rumors as well because the truth just isn't as appealing as the make believe, which is a recurring theme in poetry of my own.

What's important is how we use gossip. A little here and there isn't so bad. But when it gets to the point that it is cruel, well it's time to stop. Unfortunately not everyone will, because some people out there are just cold-hearted and unhappy with themselves. We just have to remember that there are people out there like you and I that know when to start being kind.

Loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1378 Views
65 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 4, 2011
Last Updated on November 4, 2011

Author

MusicLove93
MusicLove93

Jefferson, OR



About
I've never really shared my writing with many people, never thought I was really any good I guess. But, I love writing and have been writing for forever. That and music and art are my passions. You wo.. more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by MusicLove93



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse


ZUMBA ZUMBA

A Poem by Cassie Fraga