The Adventures of Doug the Magical Unicorn and I!

The Adventures of Doug the Magical Unicorn and I!

A Story by MusicLove93
"

Random story I wrote for a friend because he was bored. Definitely not my best stuff, it was written in about 5 minutes, but hey, it's kinda funny. Lol

"

Once upon a time, my magical unicorn, Doug and I decided to go on an adventure. We wanted to go someplace awesomely cool. So we decided to try and go to Narnia! We tried every closet we could find, but none of them went to Narnia :/

So then we started looking under beds. We didn't find Narnia, but we did find another magical land called Oslinna! It was a beautiful place, full of rainbows, waterfalls and lollipops! They even had other magical unicorns for Doug to play with!!

But it wasn't all fun and games. Oslinna was ruled by an evil unicorn called Orken. He was a big doo doo head :/ the other unicorns wanted us to defeat him. They told us the only way to defeat the evil king was to beat him at the game of his choosing. So we marched ourselves on over to his castle and demanded that he let us in! Unfortunately though, he had these little goblin things guarding the castle and they would only let us through if we had the delicious magical mushrooms found under a certain waterfall.

So, we went in search of that waterfall and when we found it, we grabbed up as many mushrooms as we could carry!

The goblins, with their mouths full of magical mushrooms, let us in after that xD

Then, when we got to the king, he challenged us to a game of charades. He didn't know that Doug was the Ultimate Champion of Charades though! He had even gone to the unicorn olympics and won a gold medal in cherades!

He acted out everything the King told threw at him and he did it perfectly. The king had no choice but to give up and give us the kingdom. We know were in charge of Oslinna!! But I knew I had to get back home in time for dinner so I put Doug in charge of the kingdom. I told him to take good care of the place and try not to burn anything down (he's a bit of a pyromaniac sometimes..) and that I would be back as soon as I could!

Fortunately, Doug had been going to therapy for his pyromania, so he didn't burn the whole kingdom down. He was a good ruler of Oslinna and he lives there to this day! Soon though, Doug and I are going to have another adventure. Maybe this time we will try to find Atlantis! :D

© 2011 MusicLove93


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Chuckling here... a child's Audible "Texting" story. Almost a storyboard for a visual presentation. I'm chuckling because it IS a "fun" story. You can "grow" it - flesh it out and take it out from the realm of a young child's adventure into a teen-level work. There are flaws present that children's parents will readily "hit" on but if read aloud at a library reading the kids would "get it".

Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't know how to review this --my mind just keeps asking how old is the writer --not to be taken the wrong way at all because too many of us lose touch with the way we saw things as children. I really enjoyed this trip into Oslinna, and if Doug wasn't a unicorn I would think he was my best friend back in school --he didn't go on to rule a kingdom, but he is in charge of a state office. Wow the parallels of it all! :D Very nice work here, can't wait to see Atlantis!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this adventure. Would be a good child tale with pictures and art. Sometime words are to teach and sometime words are to create opening for imagination and dreams like this story. Thank you for the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Imaginative and easy to dive into. Your story has the elements for something remarkable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

loved the idea of trying out all the different wardrobes to Narnia! This was really good. The magic mushrooms I presume were what the hippies used to pick. There was a lot of cryptic in the charades thing, none of us show our true selves very often. Trusting of you to leave others in charge of your kingdom! maybe you should re-assess your boundaries a bit. Great stuff. Thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

See this proves Unicorns are evil, a pyromaniac!!! And that is probably after drinking my tequila they do this!!

Hehe enjoyed it :) As it allow due to vent my distrust of Unicorns

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol! thats really comical ...but a very entertaining story! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gonna read this to my kid to see his reaction. Would be fun.
Very cute write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haha, cute story!! :D Made me laugh, especially the bit about him being a pyromaniac. xD When your character told him to "try not to burn anything down" I almost didn't realise that you meant "literally, you're a pyromaniac, so don't start a fire." xD I really enjoyed it, great job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is the cutest! Kept my interest all thu the story

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a fun amazing story. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

799 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 27, 2011
Last Updated on November 30, 2011

Author

MusicLove93
MusicLove93

Jefferson, OR



About
I've never really shared my writing with many people, never thought I was really any good I guess. But, I love writing and have been writing for forever. That and music and art are my passions. You wo.. more..

Writing
Floating Floating

A Poem by MusicLove93



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Lost

A Poem by MusicLove93