Only Yours

Only Yours

A Poem by Holly

Why aren't I good enough? Good enough to write the song that you must have put in my heart. It haunts me day and night and I need it to be released. But everytime I put my pen to the paper, it's like the words just won't flow and nothing comes out. It's difficult knowing that you can't complete something that you are meant to do. This sounds crazy, but it's something that needs to be done. I can feel the music, the words, pulling at my heart and straining at my soul, like they need to burst out and just...sing! So why won't the words come? I can picture it in my head, because I can hear you singing it inside of my mind. Over and over again your voice echoes within my thoughts. And the feeling of not being able to control or finish what you have made in my heart to be... my life. So what am I supposed to do now, huh? You pester my brain with words, a song, that refuses to be written.
Maybe I need the inspiration? Maybe the words won't come because I've never written them before? I need help. Dear God, please help me. This steals the breath right out of me, my disapointment rules my very body now. Let me be yours, to do what I was meant to do.

© 2012 Holly


Author's Note

Holly
This was song prompted by Only Yours- Switchfoot. I really love it and it is just something small, but I had gotten a bunch of positive feedback for it. So let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 11, 2012
Tags: poem, poetry, song, music, prompts, love, God, everyone

Author

Holly
Holly

Canada



About
Hey my name is Holly, and I'm a musician. I also really love to write and have been looking for some feedback on my writings. I live up in Canada and all the snow and rain can be really inspiring. :D more..

Writing
All for Her All for Her

A Story by Holly


Soul Searching Soul Searching

A Story by Holly