The Gift Box from heaven

The Gift Box from heaven

A Story by musicfollowsme213000
"

Its a short story meant for children but can be for anyone!!!!

"

      Once apon a time there was a girl with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes.  Her name was Clara May and she was a bundle of energy!!!!  She loved to dance and explore...  She lived with her Dad.  Ever since her mother left and went to live in heaven with her mother, she has been even more adventureous!!!!  She wanted to learn more and more about her mom.  All she knows is that she looked just like her and had a personality like her.  This is the story about her extra special adventure!!!

       Today, was a very important day, Clara May's birthday.  She was turning eight!!!! She woke up and started to scream "Its my birthday!  Its my birthday!"  She could hear the loud banging of the dishes down stairs and quick shuffling of her father.  She stopped dead in her tracks and sneaked a look around the corner and headed down the stairs.  She stopped at the end of the stairs and realized that she had a huge gift at the top of the stairs that she had missed!  She quickly sprinted up the stairs.  She shook the box like it was a baby rattle.  She took it down the stairs and set it down.  She ran to her father.  'Good morning sugar snap!"   father said with a huge smile.  He kissed my forehead.  He gave me a mickey mouse pancake and put a candle right in the middle of his face.  He told me that we can go anywhere I wanted for dinner tonight.

     He told me he had a surprise for me and disapeared down the hallway.  He came back with the large gift.  The gift had little kittens playing with string on the wrapping paper.  I opened it.  Underneath the sweet wrapping was a large box with packing tape caked on the opening.  Father handed me the sissors like he knew what I was thinking.  I sliced open the box and inside the box was a much smaller box and a heart shaped key.  I picked up the key and slid it into the hole in the box.  Inside the box were: a Britney speers CD, a picture of grandma and grandpa, a strand of golden blonde hair wrapped in a soft blue bow, an impessive looking certificate of achivement, and a journal.  On the front of the journal was a my name in black loopy handwriting.  

      I sat on the denim couch my grandpa apolstered and read the journal page by page letter by letter.  My mother told me everything about her life and how she became sick. 

I cried and cried and my father did too.  I listened to my mothers Britney Speers CD and danced just like my mother my dad said.  I knew more about my mother in that box than I knew from anyone.  It was a gift box from heaven.  THE END 

       

 

© 2011 musicfollowsme213000


Author's Note

musicfollowsme213000
ignore spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I hope this is just a story... not a slice of your life. It's good that music follows you everywhere either way. Kudo's to your dad

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2011
Last Updated on November 29, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

musicfollowsme213000
musicfollowsme213000

IL



About
I am musical person. I love to be me...I play piano and french horn, I am a unique individual....I have won a book writing contest 6 years in row...No haters pls!!!! My motto: Love life, love you, a.. more..

Writing