Away in one night

Away in one night

A Story by musicfollowsme213000

         Kay looked at me with her blood-shot blue eyes.   I had told my mother several times I knew there was something wrong.  The doctor sat there and wrote down in his little book.  How could you just sit there while someone doesnt have long to live.  Kay is my little-not so little anymore-sister.  She was thirteen.  The care about age.  "How's my hair, is there something in my teeth, do you think Austin likes me."  I am 16.  The rush age.  Worry, worry, worry.  Am I going to get this done, am I going to get that done.  Finals next week.  Graduation couple years.  Kay fell back in her bed.  She pointed at her throat.  I knew she wanted water.  She has COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).  It was one of the rarest cases they had ever seen.  Usually older people got it though.   My sister has had health issues before but never like this.  My mother never listened to me.  Everyday I would say "She is wheezing and I can here rattling when she breathes."  I wish she would of listened.  Kay coughed and took a sharp deep breath.  I looked at her.  She coughed again and again.  My mother came in on her cell phone laughing.  "Alright Bernice, call me about that cheap casket,  Oh I know, I know we have to get together soon."  'Alrighty bye!"  She hung up and sat at the end of her bed.  Kay flinched and managed a smile.  "Hhi sweety how ya doin'."  I spoke for her "Shes getting worse."  My mother frowned.  "I have a few errands to run...I will be back soon!!!"  I spoke up.  "Can I see you outside please?"  "Oh yes,sure."  She cleared her throat.  We stepped outside.  I cursed.  "YOU ARE NEVER THERE FOR HER!  SHE IS IN THERE DYING AND THE DOCTOR SAID SHE WOULD ONLY HAVE TONIGHT TO LIVE!!!! AND YOUR RUNNING ERRANDS AND ALREADY SHOPPING FOR A FLIPPING CASKET!?!?!?!?"  I stared her right in the eye and pointed my finger at her.  "YOU NEVER UNDERSTOOD!  EVER SINCE DAD LEFT YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING TO KAY AND ME!!!!  YOU NEVER LISTEN TO US!!!!  ITS LIKE YOU DONT CAREEEEE!!!!"  She looked at me and started to talk.  I walked away and ran outside and took a deep breath.  I sat on the stoop and cried and cried and cried.  I could here her knock off stiletos running towards me.  "Claire, I am sooooooo sorry I havent been there for you."  "SORRY DOESNT CUT IT, SHELLY!!!!!"  I had never called my mother by her first name before.  I said "I DONT EVER WANT TO SPEAK OR LISTEN TO YOU  AGAIN!  SO LEAVE AND RUN YOUR ERRANDS,  I'LL CALL YOU WHEN SHE DIES!  I left and ran back upstairs.  I walked in to a bunch of nurses and noises.  I saw my sister heaving up and down.  I screamed "Kay!  NOOOOOO!!!!"  She looked up at the ceiling and the world suddenly started to fall down.  My brain spun around memories from her birthdays and christmas's and her life.  They shocked her and became alive again.  

          Later that night.  She told some secrets.  "I kissed Austin at the homecoming game for more than 10 seconds.  He's my boyfriend.  He has been for a year."  I looked down at her worn pale face.  "I love you sis, through the times I absotulely hated to the times that I wished you were never related to me.  I just love you."  I began to cry and she did too.  She took enough breath and spoke "Tell Austin dont wait...I love you sis too, tell mom-..."  Suddenly a single tear ran down her cheek and her chest went up and down one last time and her eyes gently closed.  The machines beeped she was gone physically...I was gone mentally.   

© 2011 musicfollowsme213000


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you!!! finally!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


it don't suck! its really goooood!!!


Posted 12 Years Ago


Please Review..I worked really hard on this!! I know its sucks but constructive critisism

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on December 21, 2011

Author

musicfollowsme213000
musicfollowsme213000

IL



About
I am musical person. I love to be me...I play piano and french horn, I am a unique individual....I have won a book writing contest 6 years in row...No haters pls!!!! My motto: Love life, love you, a.. more..

Writing