The Waiting Room

The Waiting Room

A Story by Patty A
"

This is the introduction to my work. The 'Waiting Room' is the place where souls wait for HIM and His judgement. There are many distractions, and people to see and judge --

"

Introduction to ‘The Waiting Room’

 

Most waiting rooms are a reflection of the person you’re waiting to see, and this Waiting Room wasn’t any different.  Tastefully decorated, filled with comfortable over-stuffed chairs, and a selection of magazines sure to distract every reader, the room was graced with a large fireplace in one corner.  Against a large wall was a beautiful salt-water fish tank.  Beautifully colored creatures of the sea swam in circles in the crystal clear water.  Soft music could be heard from the overhead speakers, and the total affect was calming. 

The room was meant to put anyone waiting at ease and offer them comfort.  In the corner opposite the large fireplace was a single-serve brew machine with an eclectic offering of beverages.  An ice machine stood by for those who preferred their drinks chilled.

At the end of the room furthest from the door was a sliding window with a small calligraphy sign.  “Please check in,” it beckoned.  The windows were frosted and there was no tasteful bell.  Above the window panes was a large sign proclaiming that patrons would be seen in ‘a pre-determined order,’ and asked for those waiting to have patience.

On the last wall was a bank of amusement games.  They appeared to be some type of pin-ball machines, but there wasn’t any money required.  Above each machine was a small placard with a question.  The first game’s sign said, “What if?” and across the row of machines, the signs read, “What ever happened to,” followed by “Different decisions,” “The Forks in your path,” and lastly, “What was the real plan?”

Every moment of every day, the waiting room was entered by people at their appointed time.  At this moment, there were six souls about to enter the door. Six people that may or may not have been anticipating this appointment.  Some of these folks would know what to expect; some wouldn’t.  The waiting room was just the beginning of their journey.  The amount of time each soul spent there was entirely their choice.

Six souls entered the Waiting Room at the same moment in time.  They came from many different walks of life; they had nothing in common, other than this moment.  Each one of them had lived a life, made choices, and formed opinions.  Each of them was about to have the most important appointment of their lives.  Each of them had their scheduled time with Him, and He was waiting.

   

            Overall, the room was perfect.  Perfect for waiting.  Perfect for spending time before meeting the most perfect human that ever lived.  Perfect for waiting for the meeting with Him. 

© 2015 Patty A


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on November 24, 2015
Last Updated on November 24, 2015

Author

Patty A
Patty A

Las Cruces, NM



About
I am a retired accountant that has been writing, editing, and procrastinating the work on a novel for years. more..