LITTERFOLK

LITTERFOLK

A Poem by M.Babu
"

"Those who litter, wilt...er?"

"

There is a terrible curse I’m told,

That befalls a group of the worst people.

This curse I’ve come to find out,

Involves but those who litter.

 

See they can obviously see the litter bins,

Scattered throughout their beautiful city.

Though due to lack of common sense,

They default towards insanity.

 

Out of their windows,

Some from their mouths,

Goes refuse they discard.

Onto growing plants,

Citywalks,

Even in house, man!

 

Onto Highways, school grounds,

They pillage the environs.

When at a stone’s throw,

Lays a trash can.

 

Litter-folk,

The corner of hell’s euphoric.

Oh not for you though,

That’s organic.

~M.Babu~

© 2016 M.Babu


Author's Note

M.Babu
one man's trash by momo deary

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I find on occasion that people litter or vandalize because they don't belong. They don't see their environment as home. These would be the orphans of the world ... searching for ways to belong. Learning the habit of the litter bin would probably make a great deal of difference to their lives.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M.Babu

8 Years Ago

I agree with you on this 100%! It's a habit that needs to be ingrained.



Reviews

People's ignorance and inability to think is the issue here, really. We humans like to control and in doing so we become selfish, greedy and ignorant to what we are doing. This is why we are destroyers, we are what will wreck this beautiful earth. Ultimately the earth will eventually tire of us and she will find a way to rid of us but sadly, we are too ignorant to think past ourselves and our own desires to even notice until the ground begins to shake and the world starts to crumble...

We litter the earth and our minds are so full of garbage that we don't even see what we are doing. After all, even though some fill-up trash cans, we are still piling too much onto our earth.

Posted 7 Years Ago


A great message here as we would be shocked at how much rubbish we produce and how we pollute! A nice write

Posted 8 Years Ago


I find on occasion that people litter or vandalize because they don't belong. They don't see their environment as home. These would be the orphans of the world ... searching for ways to belong. Learning the habit of the litter bin would probably make a great deal of difference to their lives.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M.Babu

8 Years Ago

I agree with you on this 100%! It's a habit that needs to be ingrained.
I like the honest words and lessons being taught in the words. This is our planet. Need to treat her right. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Onto the rubbish tip with those litter-bugs, hope they make good compost!

Posted 8 Years Ago


A sin against nature and a shameful act of humankind and I disagree, it is not one man's trash as it affects all of us so it is every man's trash. As you can tell I can't understand why anyone would litter, there is no good excuse for littering, trash thrown by trash. Thank you for posting this poem, I just hope that everyone reads and comments :~)

Posted 8 Years Ago


M.Babu

8 Years Ago

My gratitude, Bear! Hope it serves as a polite reminder!
~M.Babu~
People don't realize what those couple things they decide to throw on the ground will do to the world because it's only a few. They fail to realize that many others think the same, which results in a trashed world. Very insightful write, good work :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


M.Babu

8 Years Ago

Thanks Amber! I'm glad you read it!
~M.Babu~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

475 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2016
Tags: Trash; In the Bin; Aim; FIRE!

Author

M.Babu
M.Babu

Nairobi, Kenya



About
To escape, to discover, to entertain. more..

Writing
POET'S WRATH POET'S WRATH

A Poem by M.Babu


ODE TO BROS ODE TO BROS

A Poem by M.Babu


WORD CRUMBS WORD CRUMBS

A Poem by M.Babu



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Mirror Broken Mirror

A Story by pia