Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sloan Julia
"

Harley and Jason are moving into their new apartment

"
Harley POV
I sat in the car outside the grim looking building that I had to call home from now on. Jason was inside getting two sets of keys but I wasn't ready yet. He was the mature one even though he was only 17 and a whole 10 months younger than me. I made a promise to myself to give life like this a shot before going back to depending on my parents like my siblings and cousins before me.
Jason shook my from my thoughts by tapping on the window. He motioned for me to follow him, opening the door for me. I took a deep breath and followed him up three flights of stairs to apartment 3C. 
The floors were bare wood and the walls were a light bluish-grey that was less awful than I expected. The "kitchen" covered almost the entire left wall and the tiles had a very classic, black and white pattern. The countertops were worn wood. Dust seemed to thicken the air.
"We'll make it our own," Jason said, reading my mind. He rested his hands on my shoulders, kissing the back of my head. I took a deep breath and pulled away from him to explore the rest of the apartment. There was a tiny bathroom, but everything in it was clean. The bedroom had a bay window looking out to the street. 
I went back out into main room of the apartment to find our suitcases already in the doorway and Jason was bringing up one of the many bins we'd packed. "When does the furniture come?" I asked, taking the container from him. I opened it to find the orange and blue duvet I'd chosen when we shopped the month before. 
"Should be tomorrow," he said, dragging the suitcases into the bedroom. I sighed, but I had expected that to happen. I ran out to the car and grabbed the sleeping bags I'd slept with during the 3 hour drive into the city. 
I set them down in the bedroom and Jason and I sat on the sleeping bags, staring at each other in silence. "This is the real world," I thought out loud. "Jason this is our new beginning."


© 2015 Sloan Julia


Author's Note

Sloan Julia
I realize this is short, most of my chapters will be.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on December 24, 2015
Last Updated on December 24, 2015
Tags: chapter 1, beginnings, graduation, apartment, new


Author

Sloan Julia
Sloan Julia

Philadelphia, PA



About
Hi !! My name is Sloan Julia and I love to write, but I also want to be able to share everything that I want to. I used to be on Quotev and Wattpad, but I want a fresh new start. I like writing fi.. more..

Writing