The Metaphor

The Metaphor

A Poem by SomeoneSomewhere
"

How is success a path? Or love a lemon? Or Friendship a lighthouse? Read to find out!

"

Success is a path; it has its ups and downs, twists and turns. At times, it will diverge, and you will be forced to make a choice. Sometimes, the mountain ahead will wear you down, but when you get to the top and look at how far you've come, you feel like you're on top of the world. Often, the unexpected will happen. You never know your destination until you get there; but once you do, you'll realize it was there all along.


Life is a tree. Always a nook or cranny to grab ahold of and pull yourself up if you search hard enough for it. There's many branches to choose from, but only one will take you straight to the top. Sometimes, the way ahead can be blocked by an errant bough or branch, but if you persevere, you will triumph.


My mother is a candle. Strong and powerful, yet flexible in the wind. You might burn yourself if you are foolish, but will always learn a valuable lesson whenever you do. It is always there; warm and a constant giver of light. It will keep you alive and hopeful even in the darkest of times.


Love is a lemon. It can be bitter or sweet; it is all a matter of perspective and choice. If handled properly, you can take it and make yourself lemonade out of it. But if you aren't careful, you might very well end up with lemonade in your eyes.


Happiness is a rainbow. A maelstrom of colours and emotions; of thoughts, feelings, and hopes. There are many ways to look at a rainbow. Right-side up it looks like a grimace, but upside down it looks like a grin. The different hues are all equally important; all are a different aspect of the rainbow. After all, how can we have red and yellow if not for the green and blue beneath? They all fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle- one which will always bring a smile to your face.


Friendship is a lighthouse. It will always stand there, straight and true, unhindered by even the strongest gales of wind and the most frightening of storms. It will stand through rain and snow, through sleet and hail. Though day after day the waves may crash against its shore, they will never be able to eat away at the steadfast foundation of trust and loyalty. It will always be there in times of great need; always waiting- always ready- to guide you home on a foggy day.


I am a bird. Soaring and free, light and nimble. Winds and rains do not faze me; I will always fly straight and faithfully. There is no limit to my freedom- "to infinity and beyond" is my motto. Though others may try to tie me down, to keep me on the ground, they will not succeed. Because I will just spread my wings and fly.

© 2012 SomeoneSomewhere


Author's Note

SomeoneSomewhere
Thanks for reading:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
Added on November 28, 2012
Last Updated on November 28, 2012
Tags: metaphor, success, path, life, tree, love, lemon, friendship, lighthouse, bird

Author

SomeoneSomewhere
SomeoneSomewhere

About
One day, I'm gonna think of something witty to write here. You just wait more..

Writing
Me Me

A Poem by SomeoneSomewhere