Lost Souls Wandering

Lost Souls Wandering

A Poem by Mykie
"

When you're lost and searching for answers, trying to find a way out of whatever misery you're going through.

"
Lost souls, intertwining, channelling our demons. Swapping stories from the bottom of a bottle. But that's all we are, aren't we? Lost?
Bones in the closet and monsters under the bed, winning and losing battles. 
With letters written in redword that changes a story, a story that changes a life, determined by a second, to lose or save a life, a heart, a soul.

Would you sacrifice? -All your time, every dime you've made?
Forgive and forget, to lose all the battles but win all the bets.

Alone now, walking the road less travelled. Endless, trying to find a way out of the labyrinth in your head. Held captive by your own mind. Losing control, losing our senses.

But in the end..that's all we are, aren't we?..lost.

© 2019 Mykie


Author's Note

Mykie
Feel free to share your opinions. I wanna know what you guys think and what I could have done differently, to grow as a writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

After reading the author's profile, I can understand the bleakness of this one, having worked in the mental health field for many years. I am glad to see she uses writing to deal with symptoms. The work really brings to life some of the feelings experienced by those with symptoms.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2019
Last Updated on February 23, 2019
Tags: emotions, thoughts

Author

Mykie
Mykie

Nashville, TN



About
16 year old girl. A lost soul trying to write the story of my life. Poetry has been my therapy through my darkest days.. because of severe depression and suicide attempts and eating disorders.. when I.. more..