Written in the wind

Written in the wind

A Poem by MY

Written in the wind...

I saw you coming unexpectedly. You asked me to close my eyes and listen. You told me to use all my senses and never lose faith - you asked me to join you on a journey...

When I was lost, you picked me up - you kept me warm at night. You smiled whenever I looked your way. You asked me to follow you wherever you decided to go...

I saw you grow and warm human souls, I watched you heal a troubled mind, I admired your strength and wisdom, I knew this was precious; you showed me the way...

Written in the wind...

Sometimes I thought I had lost you but then you came back and showed me both light and life. sometimes I was in doubt but you brought back confidence and easy days

You took me to the sky, you took me into the depth of night... you showed me the highest mountains, the deepest sea, you held me tight when I thought I could fly, you left me naked but I was never cold..

I touched your lips when you were sleeping, sometimes I counted the breath you took, and sometimes a second was a day, sometimes forever was present, I walked through life hand in hand with you...

Written in the wind...

You asked me to grow a garden of words for you, you asked me to carry you with care, you told me to remember you every day of my life, you asked so little of me...

You marked my heart and soul, you left footsteps on every road I crossed; even far away always near, sometimes you were a stranger sometimes I have known you for years...

Written in the wind...

One day I asked you to tell me your name... and you told me it was written in the wind - you told me to take your heart and put it beside mine... I closed my eyes and you whispered in my ear... "My name is love"

It is still written in the wind...

 

 

© 2008 MY


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written. It is difficult to read this piece without sensing a reference to someone, or something greater than ourselves. It is a comforting read. Great job. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wonderful imagery and a lovely flow touching a a very beautiful concept. Thank you for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Here is a very good piece written on the concept of love. It focuses highly on emotions and concretization of abstract.

Very good form, very good choice of words, good flow, wonderfully painted imagery, very well imparted message.

A very good piece

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the way this poem builds and delivers its message at the end. This is a good write with good presentation of different levels in growing in the relationship of love. Thanks.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yes MY - I see Your point - of course I do.
Of course You still believe in love as do I - and so we should ;-)
Read the poem again - and Yes! I can feel it :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MY
Thank you very much NikAvant :) - one comment to the ending of the poem; I did it like that to show that I still believe in love and to underline that love is always there - like the wind you cant see it but you can feel it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hi MY!

I have read this poem by You before, and I have always found it very beautiful. The style is what I believe is called "Broken Prose". Broken prose is a very difficult way to write. It's very difficult to maintain the flow in the writing - because there are no rhymes to hang Your hat on. Most broken prose by non professional writers end up giving me the feeling of 4 cylinder engine running on 3 cylinders.

But not this broken prose poem by You. This one runs on all 4 cylinders and the flow is constant and great.
Having read a lot of Your blogs - in fact all of them - I come to the conclusion, that this is Your best work ever - in fact I'm very impressed.

I just love this poem and it means a lot to me.

One thing though: I think it it could have ended with the sentence "Written in the wind..." instead of "It is still written in the wind" Somehow I feel that the finish would have been stronger, but that's just my humble opinion.

P.S. And wellcome to my group - You sure belong there :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


this is a magnificent piece of poetry, your words are well chosen and your description of the tenderness of love flows all over the page. Your writing of the English language couldn't be better. A very heartfelt poem. Nice work.
Antony

Posted 15 Years Ago


beautiful piece MY... I love the imagery... so powerful... I can't believe english is not your first language... what a talent =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


ok GReat write!!! it is beautifull and i hope one day i can give up this hate and trry for it again!... your word are moving and power full. as always kewpp it up... B.P.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 29, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2008

Author

MY
MY

Live in Denmark, challenge myself writing in English. I am openminded and basically an optimistic person :), Denmark



About
Happy - thoughtful - wise - funny - erotic - just me :) FIVE SECRETS of a Perfect Relationship: 1. It's important to have a woman who helps at home, who cooks from time to time, cleans up and has a.. more..

Writing
Summer Summer

A Poem by MY


Autumn... Autumn...

A Story by MY


Needs... Needs...

A Poem by MY



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..