Man, I would give anything to be deaf at this moment,

Man, I would give anything to be deaf at this moment,

A Poem by MyshelMarie
"

When tuning the sounds or violence, anger, or pain, cannot be covered by tuning the world out with just music.

"
I would give anything to lose my hearing at this very moments.
Matter of fact, many moments that caused me to wish such a physical altering disability, such as losing one of the many cherished and appreciated senses of the body.
Hearing.

I would sacrifice hearing a thousand "I love you"'s, than to listen to this house now.
The rumbling tumbling clashing of word throughout the walls,
beating down the memories like gladiators of the underworld, with their swords slashing each others body's
and blood splattering on the children's school portraits and aunts that have passed away.
Oh wait, I forgot my grandmother has taken all those photos off her wall because of these wars.
The terrifying sounds of bodies and knuckles and elbows, hitting the dry wall,
the yelling and hollering echoing throughout the house, and every single second of sound seems to
be ten times louder than even the loudest child screaming his or her soul out because of a mother neglecting
that child's need to satisfy her nicotine fix as she harbors in the garage.
And everyone thinks "Someone shut that damn child up!"
Every curse word of aggression becomes a thousand times louder than ever before,
when hate is exchanged back and forth so effortlessly. 
I wish I was deaf.
I wish that my hearing would plunge under water 200 feet below so none of this world would carry more into  my thoughts.
Where I could believe there is a place in my mind where I can escape to away from the war or words.
Sinking in the bottom only using my eyes to guide me and not be fearful no more.

It is equivalent to a child, so fragile, fragile mind and thoughts not yet corrupted, untainted listening in
on some dark unknown force hissing in the dark corners of the dark room hiding underneath the covers in fear that his or her life will be snatched way. 
What a terrible fearful burden a child should carry.
Man, I wish I was deaf right now, just for a moment to silence my own thoughts right now, as the more mute I become and withdrawal my comments and opinions, the louder my thoughts become as the noise in this broken house become more intense.
I wish the sound would sink 600 feet into the ocean, past me, and into the abyss.
I wish for a moment I could not even hear a single sound wave, not even for a moment a peace, but just for one moment to feel safe from the world.

© 2013 MyshelMarie


Author's Note

MyshelMarie
I hope everyone can somewhat understand how I described certain situation. Give me your feedback please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Every curse word of aggression becomes a thousand times louder than ever before,
when hate is exchanged back and forth so effortlessly. "

A splendid read and write...Thank you for sharing...:).....................


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on November 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 7, 2013
Tags: Deaf, silence, moment, pain, violence, anger

Author

MyshelMarie
MyshelMarie

Santa Barbara, CA



About
Born in Seattle, WA. Raised in Central coast California. I have been writing since I was 9 years old. I started with poetry, then stories and as I progress I wrote a few monologues in my high school d.. more..

Writing
Vent! Vent!

A Poem by MyshelMarie