ST. Valentines Day

ST. Valentines Day

A Story by Emma Griffiths
"

Lovely isnt it? To be loved. - January 27, 2010

"
Ivory or white, and rings so gold. Flowers bloom, as love never grows old.

The soft material flowed behind her, as she slowly walked towards the man she loves. The flashes of the many cameras illuminated her perfect features as she walked down the aisle, but nothing was able to sway her attention from his face. His eyes glued to hers, his hands tightly gripped together. She could see his nerves take over, as his best man wrapped him on the shoulder with enthusiasm. She smiled softly at him.

She could see the love they shared light up his features as he saw, looking at her like it was for the first time. She only ever felt like she was beautiful when she was looking into his eyes, and today was no exception.  Reaching the end of the aisle, she lightly grasped his out stretched hand, and watched the world disappear around her. All but the man she loved vanished from her eyes. It took all herself control to stop from reaching out and touching his face just to make sure it was all real.

Tears came to his eyes as he saw her. Tightening his hands together, was all he could do to stop them flowing over. He locked eyes with his future wife, as she walked down the aisle towards him, this made his heart jump. He was finally marrying the woman of his dreams, the love of his life, and it was real. He dreamt of this moment, and never had thought that it'd ever come to fruition. Watching her walk down the aisle slowly made him anxious, all he wanted to do was run and hold her in his arm, and holding out his hand for hers was all he could do to keep him sane.  

Dressed in a flowing white gown, she looked stunning, smiling up at him, like he was the only person alive. This was his dream finally coming true, tears sprung to his eyes as the thought overwhelmed him. Brushing away a soft tear that fell down her cheeks, he whispered softly to her.
'You are still the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen in my life'

She could feel warm tears building up in her eyes as she saw the tears in his. She was marrying her perfect man, and this is all she could ask for. She loved him with all her heart, and he felt the same, what could be more perfect. Feeling his thumb run along her cheek to brush away a stray tear, she felt sparks trail. Staring into his hazel eyes, all she could think is he is the inspiration for the love I feel. Everything flew by in a matter of moments; her voice breaking as she finally got to say the words 'I Do'.

The gold band felt lightweight as it sat perfectly upon her finger, like it was meant to be. Finally embracing her now perfect Husband, she drank in his gorgeous scent. A masculine scent, a sensuous mix of woody, oriental & floral notes. Top notes of mandarin, cardamom, ginger, bergamot. Middle notes of coffee beans, jasmine, violet, cedar, and vetiver. With gorgeous base notes of vanilla, incense, patchouli, Tonka bean. This scent is what drew her to him in the beginning, this is what started it. On St. Valentine's Day.

-

The weather mimicked her mood as she took her seat at the bar. Valentine's Day had come again, and she was still alone, at the same bar, having her drink of choice on a day like this, Vodka on the Rocks. She was by no means an alcoholic, but on a day like today, she needed something strong. She was 22, in her prime, and yet no man ever seemed to be interested. She was always the best friend, the shoulder to cry on.

Rain pelted on the windows, as she sat, leant against the bar. She watched as silly couples giggled together in the booths, and gagged as they began kissing like no one was watching. What a pathetic idea for a holiday, just another money making scheme from Hallmark, she thought painfully.  She envied them. Sighing, she went back to her drink. The bar was pretty full today, both a mixture of couples and singles, grieving, just like her. There was only one spare chair at the bar, the one to her left. The ones on the right were occupied by a just as sickening couple, making her feel even worse. Nobody wants to even be near me, she sulked.

A collective shiver went through the bar as the door was pushed open letting in the surprisingly cold air for a February day. Sipping on her drink, she closed her eyes against the thoughts that were occupying her mind.  That's when she caught the smell of something absolutely beautiful. It was amazing, and she couldn't put her finger on what it was exactly, then he sat down beside her.

'Just a pint, Mate!'

Looking over at the man who sat down beside her, she viewed his features accordingly. Long pale face, dark hair, with mysterious dark hazel eyes and soft lips, which he was chewing on anxiously. This was the man who had just entered the bar, soaking wet from the rain, nose red from the cold, and he looking like he needed a hug, and something inside her was dying to give him one.

'Thanks, Mate!' he said, as the bar tender handed him his beer.

Out of the corner of her eye, she watched him. He intrigued her, like there was just something about him, something special. She looked away from this ravishing man, it made her sad to think about him. He probably had a girlfriend that he was waiting for.

-

The bar was cold, but it was warmer then outside at least. He'd always thought Valentine's day sucked, but this was an understatement, everywhere he looked there was loving couples, Men holding there some-what pretty women. He hated them for it. He wished he could just find this perfect lady, and that they'd be happy. Like all his friends had. All were in serious relationships, engaged or even married, like his best friend only recently was. But, no, he was alone, when all he wanted was company.

He sat down in the only spare seat at the bar. Ordering a beer, he closed his eyes. Breathing in deeply, he could smell a pretty, sweet, floral scent from somewhere. Next to him someone shifted. Opening his eyes, the bar tender handed him his beer and walked off. It honestly couldn't be him smelling like that, could it? He thought to himself, but then someone shifted again, the smell was stronger now. Looking to his right, his eyes fell upon the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. Her long brunette hair falling over her face lightly, as she looked into her glass, looking quiet sullen. Pulling her hair behind her ear, he noticed her pale features. As he watched her, he took in her button nose, long soft eyelashes, soft pink lips, and her soft rosy cheeks, looking slightly pinker from the weather, no doubt.

This had to be the source of the sweet scent that drew his attention so fully. She took the last sip from her glass, of what he once thought looked like water, now this had him intrigued as he watched her shudder from the taste. She tapped on the bar twice, and the bar tender carried over a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka, pouring two shots into her glass, before taking a twenty and walking off. So it was vodka on the rocks, the girl can hold her liquor, he chuckled to himself. She must have seen him laugh, as she turned and looked at him squarely. He had no idea of her true beauty until she did this.

Her hazel eyes were strong, but mysterious. Her lips were plump, and her face, all he wanted to do was hold it in both hands and kiss her fully on the lips. This reaction shocked him. He'd never felt this about a stranger before. He looked away before she had the chance to read his emotions on his face, a girl this beautiful must have a boyfriend, he thought, a thought to keep low, just in case crossed his mind too. That one is a good thing, he thought.

-

She looked up at the stranger beside her; she could have sworn to herself that he'd just laughed, at her, of all things. She looked him squarely in the face. Looking him in the eyes, she saw something in them. They flashed slightly, before he quickly looked away. She looked at him before she felt the courage to speak.

'Excuse me? Did you just laugh, at me?'

He looked up at her quizzically. 'Did I laugh at you?'

'Yes, when the bar tender poured my drink, you laughed'

He smiled at her suddenly, this shocked her, and before she realised what she was doing, she was smiling back at him.

'I was thinking you could hold your liquor' he smiled, 'Vodka on the rocks'.

She smiled and nodded to him. Looking up into his eyes again, he smiled and then asked 'So what's someone as pretty as you doing here? Waiting for someone?'

She looked down at the bar, blushing, he had called her pretty.

'Actually, no, I'm alone, just here to escape the holiday season' she grimaced.
She looked back at him, 'What about you?'

He looked at her with a slight frown, 'I'm alone too, escaping as well'

She looked at him, surprised. He just smiled at her, lifting his hand, he ran his finger slowly along her worry lines on her forehead, chuckling to himself. Her heart jumped as he touched her, but she didn't pull back, she didn't think that she could even if she had a choice. She was drawn to him.

'Hi, my name's Emerson' He smiled,

'Hey... I'm Jessalyn' she smiled back.

-

'I'd like to finally and officially congratulate the happy newlyweds, To Emerson and Jessalyn!'

The crowd cheered as the best man raised his glass to the couple. Sitting at the bridal table, Jessalyn looked to her husband. She loved that word, and to be able to use it to describe her Emerson, made her heart swell. Leaning over, she kissed him softly on the lips, to an 'Awww!' from the guests that were now watching the newly married couple intently.

Her eyes followed as Emerson got to his feet, he pulled out a piece of paper, which looked as though it had been read over a million times, and never gotten sick of. Clearing his throat, he looked down at his wife and smiled softly before beginning.

'Jessie, my Jessie. And now my gorgeous and beautiful WIFE Jessie. Meeting you was the best thing I've ever done in my life. That day I met you, I knew my life had purpose and that you belonged in it. You took my breath away and replaced it with your sweet and magical life's essence. And I could never ask for more. Today has been the best day of my life, and the first day of ours together, forever, as Mr. And Mrs. Thank you for loving me more then I could ever imagine anyone ever could. You are my heart, my soul and my life, and you're now my wife. I love you Jessalyn'

They were his vows, tears filled Jessie's eyes as her husband repeated his vows to her, to their guests. She watched as he looked away from her slowly and faced their family and friends.

'Thank you all for being here today, to help celebrate the beginning of mine and Jessalyn's life together. You have helped make today an even more special day, by giving us your blessing for a happy and prosperous marriage. Today is a day for love, and both Jessie and I hope that you have felt that too.' he smiled softly back at Jessie before sitting down, while their family and friends erupted in cheers and applause once more.

-

Jessie looked at her husband beaming face, it was hard to imagine, but looking at him now, he looked even more beautiful than usual. She finally gave in, reaching out; she ran her hand down her husband's cheek. 'I Love You' she whispered, kissing him again, softly, as the crowd cheered on.

This was the beginning of their new life. They were finally together forever, On St Valentine's Day.

© 2010 Emma Griffiths


Author's Note

Emma Griffiths
Please Review.

This what originally submitted as a Valentine's Day gift for DeviantART's Secret Valentine... With A Twist.

Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010
Tags: Love, Wedding, Soul Mates

Author

Emma Griffiths
Emma Griffiths

Sydney, Australia



About
Im 19 years old. Im a Australian. Im a romance writer. My dream is to travel the UK and Europe, and become a well known and enjoyed Author. more..

Writing
You What?! You What?!

A Chapter by Emma Griffiths