2nd String

2nd String

A Poem by Tori Hughes

She
She is
She is the embodiment of talent.

Places her hands on the keyboard and just plays.
Puts words to the random melodies she comes up with and it becomes a song.

Together, we are Satori, a local singing duet.

I
I am
I am just the voice. 

I will never have that kind of talent.
I will always just be the melody, singing, only singing.

Together, we are Satori.

We should be called Sarah's Band. 

I am nothing important to the group. 

I have no extra ordinary talent. None. Not when it comes to music.

Shadowed by the only TRULY talented one. 
Playing 2nd string. 

I will never be that good.

And it hurts.

© 2013 Tori Hughes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You know... In life, we meet all sorts of people. People who have all sorts of talents that we ourselves know we could never master. Many of these people are our close friends, for in life, we tend to migrate towards those we look up to. The pain we feel is an option... know that. For if we let ourselves bring our own self's down by comparing, then are we truly being the friend we should be?
In life... WE all have that choice to celebrate each and every persons gifts or talents. I've learned that when we show them the joy that they bring us in their gifts, they in turn show us the gifts we have inside ourselves, even if we may not be aware.
While this poem is truly a heartfelt piece of ink and captures that pain very well. It should be a reminder to all to look into themselves and find the good, rather than muse on what isn't there.

Thanks for sharing! =)
Aaron

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great piece... love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


I know this feeling. Another great poem :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tori Hughes

11 Years Ago

thank you :)
your brother must be the embodiment of sexy then. also don't make me smack you.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2013
Last Updated on March 25, 2013

Author

Tori Hughes
Tori Hughes

New Richmond, WI



About
I'm Tori. I was gone for a LONG time but now I'm back. I'm 20, married (open relationship), and a stay at home mom to a beautiful baby girl. I like making friends. I'm nowhere near normal, so .. more..

Writing
Me Me

A Poem by Tori Hughes


Done Done

A Poem by Tori Hughes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..