The King and The Kitten.

The King and The Kitten.

A Story by Natasha

Once there was this boy, he was average in appearance.

Only thing extraordinary about him was the fact that he was no average.

He had this ability, you see, he was able to get whatever he wanted.

Just one word and the masses would bow at his feet.

He enjoyed it, used it, sometimes he thought about abusing it. A fleeting thought.

Then the impossible happened. He got bored.

He was tired of the loyal followers, the gifts, the . . . temptations. He needed something new. Someone new.

One day he got just that. A stubborn, unusual, and unsettling someone new.

He was startled by many things.

Her choice of colors, for instance - only the blackest of blacks, the bloodiest of reds and the purest of whites.

She wore a small dress - strapless and tattered, striped socks and a hat with cat ears. Her hair was long and wild. As if she hadn't touched it for days.

She stared at the crowd before him and at the bleak surroundings and frowned.

'This looks like no fun, ah well. See ya!' She turned on her heel to leave. To the surprise, of many, he screamed.

'Wait! What do you mean no fun?' He wasn't too happy with her insult. Not many ever find insults flattering, well, unless you're her.

'One: everyone is just staring at you which is really creepy.

Two: No one is playing, talking or even trying to do something less creepy. Three: It's raining outside, why waste it?' She grinned and skipped out the door. He wondered how she got in before following her.

He walked, refusing to chase her in spite of his interest. He soon reached the courtyard where he saw her twirling around madly in the rain. Her dress soaked, her socks dirtied and her hat sitting beside his feet. Nice and dry.

'What are you doing?' He said this more to himself than to her. She answered him anyway.

'Playing, what are you doing?' She stopped and looked at him, a mischievous glint in her eyes. He wondered what was going through her mind.

'Standing, obviously.' They stared at each other for a moment, a small frown set on his face while she smiled happily. Complete opposites. Like she cared.

'Exactly.' She pulled him away from the building and into her small frame. She knew it wasn't the smartest of ideas, didn’t stop her. She began to fall from the impact of his body crashing into hers. He caught her, effortlessly, a smirk on his face.

She was flushed, his smirk confusing her. He noticed this, his smirk turning into a smile. He let her go, watching as she regained her composure. Without a second thought he bowed.

'Care to dance?' His hand holding hers, he looked up expectantly. The rain fell harder, their beautiful symphony.

'Took you long enough!' They both laughed at her outburst and danced in the rain.

 

© 2009 Natasha


Author's Note

Natasha
I might change it but I wrote it during special circumstances.
I'll ask the person who I wrote it for, haha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on September 3, 2008
Last Updated on January 29, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Natasha
Natasha

Under blooming cherry blossoms in, Japan



About
I write. I feel. I think. Therefore, I am. Here, at least. Hello, how are you? more..

Writing
unconsciously unconsciously

A Chapter by Natasha


Static Slurs Static Slurs

A Chapter by Natasha