Forgotten Monsters

Forgotten Monsters

A Story by Natasha
"

Short, short story.

"

 

As old as the hills in the darkest of valleys, deep under cloudy eyes, there lies a castle.
Built of withering stone, of grayed intentions.
This fortress belied the perception it gave, it was not a home for kings but a crumbling prison.
A resting place for forgotten monsters.
The cracks in stone revealed the blood of a tragic soul captured by the sweet sirens’ song.
Their beauty brought forth many a knight, now forever lost on the world.
Their song inspired glorious battles between those valleys, the bastion broken down by the combined efforts of the foolish mortals who fell so heavily into their traps.
These creatures breeding hatred and jealousy for advantages all their own.
The collapsing walls display a window of agony.
Gate keepers lost to sinful whims.
Sweet Gluttony’s gentle wheedling persuading the guardians to rest easy and be merry as Sloth played his lilting tune.
Pride released Lust, skillfully and easily, allowing the soldiers of light the desires of the forbidden whilst he plotted with willing Wrath, Envy hidden in the corners plotting endless seeds in the forgotten guardians.
Avarice has remained behind the scenes stealing away the greatest treasures of the castle, the souls of once righteous men, forced to seal a deal with Lucifer as he readies the last strike.

In a valley of age old mountains, atop the eldest of hills, there lies a castle.
Darkened by storms of outrage, made of decadent splendor.
This citadel remembered for its greatest rebellion, the destruction of life’s loom.
A tale of nightmarish delight.

 

© 2009 Natasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on December 6, 2009

Author

Natasha
Natasha

Under blooming cherry blossoms in, Japan



About
I write. I feel. I think. Therefore, I am. Here, at least. Hello, how are you? more..

Writing
unconsciously unconsciously

A Chapter by Natasha


Static Slurs Static Slurs

A Chapter by Natasha