LETTER TO A MOTHER-1

LETTER TO A MOTHER-1

A Story by Naina
"

It is a story of a mother and a daughter and their failed relationship. One day mother gots her daughter's diary and then she realizes this, but till then she was too late. Unfortunately... Have a luk

"
There was a girl named Piya. She was 17 years old. Piya was very intelligent, energetic, fun-loving but little arrogant kind of girl or I should say she does not knows to express her feelings which comes out as arrogance, but she was really sweet at heart. She was the single child of her parents.

She was having many dreams like any other teenager of her age would have. She wants to be a fashion designer but her parents wants her to be a doctor, especially her mother. Actually Piya and her mother Nandini were opposite to each other. They were like the North and South poles which can never be one. Their conversation always ends with a fight. Piya's mother, according to her, was little orthodox and Piya, according to her mother, was over-modernized. Her mother always thinks that Piya neither respects her nor loves her. Their morning starts with the fight and end with the tears.

One morning also same happens... 

Piya was going to the school and she had a fight with her mother on the most hated topic of the teenagers and the most favourite topic of the mothers " WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU KEEP YOUR ROOM CLEAN"!!!!!! Piya's mother was also shouting on her for the same. She was saying neither you allow anyone to clean your room nor you cleans it, what is the matter with you?? And Piya replied Mom please.. You need not worry about my room, and left for the school, lefting her mother uttering "yeh aaj kal ke bacche na kisi ki nhi sunte".

It was 12'o clock, Nandini had finished all his household works and she was free now and was getting bored so she thought of cleaning Piya's room, and the next moment she was in Piya's room. Her room was really messy, bedsheets were messed up, books were lying here and there and much more wateful stuff. her mother started cleaning the room, clean her bedsheet, arrange her books, and clear all the stuff, then she came to her cupboard. She started cleaning her cupboard, but suddenly she founds a diary deep under the clothes, kept with the intention of hiding. She picks it up, "Ohh this is Piya's personal diary", she murmered, "should I read it??", question arises in her mind, "but this is her personal diary", second thought arises, "but I'm her mother and I can read it", next thought arises. She thought Piya had cursed her a lot in her diary but when she opens the diary she was little shocked with the title, the title stats " LETTER TO A MOTHER FROM A DAUGHTER" and she started reading..

                                      "LETTER TO A MOTHER FROM A DAUGHTER"

Hi maa.. How are you now? I hope you are fine now!! Maa I was really scared when I realize that you are not well.. I' m really sorry maa that I talked to you like this. I know you relly feel hurt with my behaviour but trust me maa I also feel hurt when I behave with you like this, but maa I don't know what happens to me, unwillingly I hurt you in some way or other. Maa, I really love you a lot and I'm not able to say this.. You are my life Maa, I can't even imagine my life without you. I know we are having many differences between us but that doesn't mean that I don't love you.. I know Maa you think that I don't love you, but maa I really do and I know you also loves me a lot, I can see that maa.. Maa, the problem is just that we are having different mentalities.. I'm not saying that you are wrong on your part, you are a mother and I know that you are concerned about me, whenever I come late from a party thats your concern only which comes out in the form of scolding.. but maa I'm also not wrong on my side.. Maa trust me I can take care of myself, you have made me strong enough to protect myself, to fight for myself.. Maa its my promise that I will never lay you down because of me.. trust me.. Maa, we think in different ways and I'm not saying that this is because of generation gap or something like this.. its just you are having your opinion and I'm having mine.. I just want you to try to understand my point of view.. I want to live my life, I want to fulfill my dreams, I want to fly high in the sky, but not at the cost of our relatonship and your happiness.. But maa if you will only not understand then who else will??.... I have heard that mothers are the best friends of their daughters and that daughters are the shadow of their mothers but in our case this is not happening maa.. It really bothers me a lot maa and I know it bothers you also..but then also I'm not getting that why..because of what this vaccum is created between us..?? When I was 10 years old I was so close to you but as the time passes this distance between us gets enlarged only.. If you want me to be a doctor then I will be a doctor because I can't hurt you in any way..... I know I haven't said that but I really love you maa.. I want you to love me like you used to love me in my childhood... I want you to feed me with your hands as you used to do in my childhood.... I want to hugg you maa as I used to do in my childhood..I want to shed my tears in your arms maa and want to sleep in your arms while crying as I used to do in my childhood.. then when you will kiss me on my forehead and say "meri rani beti"... I just wanted to re-live my childhood with you maa because that was the most lovely phase of my life you know why.. because you were with me... My maa was with me.. who makes me feel special.. who makes me feel that I'm her angel.. who makes me feel that I complete her life and she completes mine.. My identity is with you maa... I'm incomplete without you.. I'm hollow without you.. My life is defined by you.. It gets its true meaning with you only.. I hope some day I'll able to say all this to you....

Love You Maa.... Love you a lot.....

-Piya
Nandini was shocked.. she was not able to stand on her feets. She was feeling too week, she was feeling like her legs have become lifeless. Tears were not stopping from her eyes.. she was.. she was just thinking that how could she be not able to understand her daughter.. She was her mother and then also.... then also she was not able to understand her Piya.... How could she be like that..!!!! Piya loves her so much... Her daughter loves her so much... N she..!! She always thoughts that she had lost her daughter.. Her daughter was always with her, she was the one who was not able understand her. She was really feeling sorry for her behaviour. 

She saw the Clock, It was 1'o clock. She thinks Piya will be at home in one hour or so. She should make her favourite dish, afterall her daughter was coming home after a long time.. She ran to the kitchen and start preparing her favourite dish. After she had finished cooking she comes in the hall, the clock stats 2'o clock. "Piya might be here in 5 minutes or so", she murmured, but she was so excited that she can't wait a minute to see her daughter. 3 minutes have passed, she was looking at the door constantly. 10 minutes have passed, she was constantly looking at the door then at the watch. Its 3'o clock, one hour more from the time piya used to come to home from school. "Must be at vidisha's place", thought Nandini. It was 4'o clock, "She must be coming in some time, dn't worry", she says to herself. 4:30, now screars started to come on Nandini's forehead, it was the first time when Piya has not come home till so late. If she was going with someone she always used to inform Nandini. But today.. what had happened.. Where is Piya??.... "I should call her friends, she might be with any of her friend", thought Nandini. She called all her friends but there were no whereabouts of Piya, Piya was with none of her friends. It was 5'o clock till now. now Nandini was scared.. where is Piya!! Its too late.. "Oh god, please protect and help my daughter, please send her home", she prayed to god. She thought that she should inform Piya's father that Piya had not come home yet. She was about to pick up her phone, suddenly the phone ranged. She picks it up hoping that must be Piya's call.

Nandini: Hello

She talked for some seconds and was shocked. The phone fell from her hand..

No this could not be true.. This could not happen... No..... No......
Who's phone was that..?? And what was it about..??... Will see in the next part of this story...

Till then stay tuned and enjoy reading.. :)

© 2014 Naina


Author's Note

Naina
Its my first attempt to writing.. Hope you all will like it.. Enjoy reading:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMG......I was stuck to it.....it flows so smoothly,easy to read and effectively convey emotions......looking forward for second part of this story......I hope something wonderful must be going on in your mind......loved reading this one......so heart connecting.....remember back the few story in which the time when love for the child is realized.....some tragedy happen.....if you have read wonderful story 'taai' in hindi.......but its so nice.....I loved the letter........whatever may be the case a ,howsoever the individuals are the relation of mother and daughter is precious......looking what piya bring up next????....till then :):)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

thank you veru much anne for such a wonderful review.... n m really sorry but i had not read the sto.. read more



Reviews

It was a touchy story.All teens are bound to like it .Ithere are some typos and syntactic errors.Hope you will work on them.And strive to be a good writing ;) wishing you luck amiga

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Naina

9 Years Ago

thank you for reading sophy.. and yupp I'll definately work on those errors and will bring a better .. read more
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

:) all the best Naina.Do well
Naina

9 Years Ago

yupp for sure.. thank you..:)
finally its here..my much awaited writer's story...i really enjoyed it...actually my own arguments with my father and my feelings for me came to my mind...we sumtimes fail to communicate and than the gap between us widens..no one is at fault..its just the war between freedom and worries...i liked the whole plot..how Nandini went on with reading the diary..her concerns about Piya and Piya's unexpressed love for her mother..i am looking forward to next part..i hope Piya will not hurt Nandini much..well written n i hope it to get better with every page..all the best:)

Raj

Posted 9 Years Ago


Naina

9 Years Ago

thank you very much raj for reading it.... I'm glad that my story was having the power to bring back.. read more
OMG......I was stuck to it.....it flows so smoothly,easy to read and effectively convey emotions......looking forward for second part of this story......I hope something wonderful must be going on in your mind......loved reading this one......so heart connecting.....remember back the few story in which the time when love for the child is realized.....some tragedy happen.....if you have read wonderful story 'taai' in hindi.......but its so nice.....I loved the letter........whatever may be the case a ,howsoever the individuals are the relation of mother and daughter is precious......looking what piya bring up next????....till then :):)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Naina

9 Years Ago

thank you veru much anne for such a wonderful review.... n m really sorry but i had not read the sto.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 28, 2014
Last Updated on July 28, 2014
Tags: fight, anger, misunderstanding, realization, love, fate

Author

Naina
Naina

India



About
I wanted to be a writer.. a famous writer. Its a small step towards my dream. I'm sruggling hard to achieve it and I'm sure I will achieve it, if not then also I will not give up till I achieve it.. H.. more..

Writing
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

A Story by Naina