Ready for More

Ready for More

A Poem by Kiwi
"

Modern-ish poetry. An angry poem I scribbled up when I was feeling less-than-appreciative of the world in general.

"

It's fun to read out loud.  It's angry.  Watch out!

 

Picture credit to Anderson Ross.

 

---

 

 

And that’s just the world we’re living in, love, that’s just the world we’re living in.  A world in which you need to have scissors to buy scissors (because that plastic is just so darn durable) and your old love stories buy your new love.  You say you’re sick of it, Love, you say you’re sick of it?

 

Scream it.

Scream it until your throat is bloody and sore,

Scream it until the open-eared population

Is elated and begging for more.

 

You control your body, your mind, your soul, Love, you control it.  Your lips move at your command (and I’d rather listen to them than what’s on that foreboding, ominous television) and you have the power to cause a stir.  Get their attention, flaunt yourself with your integrity rather than your blessed bosom, doll.  You tell your love that you’re sick of popping cleavage and inch-long skirts rubbing into your nose on the subway, that you won’t live that way.  And if your love doesn’t listen?

 

Scream it.

Scream it until your throat is bloody and sore,

Scream it until your adoring love

Is squirming and begging for more.

 

As you walk to work, the priest on the side of that short building is hollering with upraised arms about the love of God and what you must do to deserve it.  But when his blasted eyes fall to Earth again (and witness reality) he catches sight of you.  The beast within him burns, spewing forth your doom and sin and damning the freedom thoughts your breakfast cereal placed in your head.  You say you don’t care, Love, you say you don’t care?

 

Scream it.

Scream it until your throat is bloody and sore,

Scream it until that close-minded moron

Is foaming and predisposing more.

 

Your busy workday is finally over with a surplus of hot coffee dripping into your lap and a red-faced boss screaming into your ear about all the things your co-workers are doing wrong.  It’s all over for another blissful 48 hours and you can kick off your shoes (your toes are positively screaming for freedom) and flick the damn work world off through thousands of thick walls.  Join the rest of us, your rebellious rapscallions reaching for reaction from the repellent, repulsive rest of the residents.  You say you like screaming partners, Love, you say you like screaming partners?

 

Scream it.

Scream it until your throat is bloody and sore,

Scream it alongside our upraised voices

Until the rest are ready for more.

© 2008 Kiwi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like how you are able to control the intensity all the way through and not lose. you are clearly not afraid to express yourself- something many people lack.
good job :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
No
genius.
genius.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love it.
this is the best thing ive read all day.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 20, 2008

Author

Kiwi
Kiwi

Reading, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom



About
I'm Kiwi. I can spell that. It's kee-ee-wee-ee. Only not really. I'm incredibly sensitive. Please take care with reviews. :). Critique I enjoy, but again, please be gentle! I'm not quite ready.. more..

Writing
Windsor Win Windsor Win

A Poem by Kiwi


Cellular Cancer Cellular Cancer

A Poem by Kiwi


Grey Sky Grey Sky

A Story by Kiwi