I'm nothing.

I'm nothing.

A Poem by Nanna
"

Poem about the feeling of being nothing.

"
 
I’m nothing. I’m yesterdays binge and today's hangover. I’m the addicts resistance and the alcoholic’s sober moment. I’m the cold turkeys sweat. I’m Decembers shadow and July's dryness. I’m the forgotten mitten and the lone found shoe. I’m the letters never opened and the replays never sent. I’m your prayers on a sleepless night and your mothers childhood dreams. I’m the salt that got spilled, the vase that got broken and the dress you destroyed. I’m the dry spot in-between the waves. The silence between unspoken words and eye contact never made. I’m the unwanted truth and the lies that never should have been told. I’m the moment of realization. Your left over food and our spilled wine. I’m  the way things could have been and the way things are.

But mostly I’m the space that used to exist between our lips. I’m nothing at all.

© 2015 Nanna


Author's Note

Nanna
I would love some critique and I apologize for grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the many facets you wove into this creation. A delightfully sad poem about feeling like nothing.
You end the poem with: "But mostly I’m the space that used to exist between our lips". Does that mean the poem ends with a kiss?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nanna

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the kind words. The last line is supposed be more of a memory of a kiss, as in.. read more
Misery

8 Years Ago

You are welcome, dear poet.
Thank you for sharing the inspiration that blossoms from the pain.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 1, 2015
Last Updated on August 1, 2015
Tags: nothing, heart, brake, sad, sadness, lone, alone, love, lips, kiss, alcoholic, moment, dreams, salt, broken

Author

Nanna
Nanna

RVK, Iceland



About
I like to make things. English is not my first language so I apologize for my future grammar mistakes. more..

Writing
Morning Glory Morning Glory

A Story by Nanna


Palm Tree Palm Tree

A Story by Nanna


Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Nanna